Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Official - Al T'Tude BadAss Unofficial Training Camp Thread

Thought we should have some smack talk and planning on the EN boards instead of hidden on FB where no one can see all the hazing, badassery and hard training that's gonna happen
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    The FB page is not secret, although posting is closed except to members (but I'll let anybody in) Here's the link for those who want the background, and to whet appetites for the next event there...I'm about to offer an invite to ENers doing Fall IMs or who just want training in CO during leaf changing season the  second half of Sept.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1101510656604860/

We're (or at least me) kimda proud about what we've got going there...scenery, epic rides, the ultimate brick, great group of folks.

• Options

We're (or at least me) kimda proud about what we've got going there...scenery, epic rides, the ultimate brick, great group of folks.

I think we've got something very special going on with this camp, already on my sched for '18!!
  • Options
    some of us are not on FB.  But maybe that's why it's over there :)
  • Options
    some of us are not on FB.  But maybe that's why it's over there :)
    I have the same "problem" with this camp that Patrick has with Blue Ridge: almost everyone who came the year before wanted to come back this year. The house has limited room. If we roll over like that again next year, we should try and VRBO a nearby home for additional campers. Maybe I ought to start a "waitlist" for 2018 now, to be first in line after this year's campers have a chance to re-up or not.

Re: FB. I view it as a tool, not a cult. One of the conveniences of the second decade of the 21st Century.
  • Options
    Al, I am not able to get there this year due to work and doing Alcatraz.  I will plan to be there next year come H#$% or high water :)  so extra space for someone this year...  (I had not planned on doing Alcatraz till the last minute)

• Options
    Signs this is truly THE "Bad Ass" camp Al has put together:

I have literally worked my a$$ off since the OS, and I am 98% confident I am going to be sucking wind, getting chicked and bringing up the rear with this awesome crew!

SS
  • Options
    @ Shaughn...AND, you have to worry about getting geezer'd ... 
  • Options
    @Al Truscott I'm not all worried about getting geezer'd by a 30+ IM veteran........that's an honor!

• Options
    Al, if work schedule would permit, would love to come ride the Rockies with you at this camp.  Is 2017, out?  Is there a WL?  Thanks
  • Options
    I'm not training on my bike for anything in 2017.  Please put me on the waitlist for the 2018 camp.

I can say the 2016 version of Al-T-Tude might be the best, and most "work" specific camp I have ever attended.  Push the limits this yr folks because I need a high bar for next year!  
  • Options
    I'll admit, I've been "training to train" getting ready for the Big Week. Like, today:

https://www.relive.cc/view/983253053
  • Options
    I like that you have an official thread for an unofficial camp! 
  • Options
    Reading this thread makes me a tad wheezy.  If JW says we need to raise the bar for 2018 and 2016 was badass I can't imagine what is in store for June 3-11 of 2017.  I'm always up for a challenge but this time I'm a little scared ;)
  • Options
    Reading this thread makes me a tad wheezy.  If JW says we need to raise the bar for 2018 and 2016 was badass I can't imagine what is in store for June 3-11 of 2017.  I'm always up for a challenge but this time I'm a little scared ;)
    (A) scared is better than complacent.
    (B) If I didn't think you could do it, I wouldn't send you out the door.
    (C) We'll have SAGs on the "big days", so all's you gotta do is ride.
    (D) This coming from the woman who jumped at the chance to fill the Ultra vacancy?
    (E) Mac n Cheese is on me if you finish complete the Tues/Wed double. It was Dinhofer's idea, so wipe his face in it, OK?
  • Options
    (D) This coming from the woman who jumped at the chance to fill the Ultra vacancy?
    (E) Mac n Cheese is on me if you finish complete the Tues/Wed double. It was Dinhofer's idea, so wipe his face in it, OK?
    Tues/Wed double?? Leadville followed by the BBQ ride? 
  • Options
    @Al Truscott i hope you are right bc I like macaroni & cheese and you can bet I will be wiping Dinhofer's face in it :). I won't lie and say there won't be many under breath profanities aimed at you both if the suffering hits an all time high ;)
  • Options

Al, if work schedule would permit, would love to come ride the Rockies with you at this camp.  Is 2017, out?  Is there a WL?  Thanks
    Hope you can make it!  It's a different kind of riding than Boone, but just as challenging and epic! Scenery is spectacular.
  • Options
    @Al Truscott i hope you are right bc I like macaroni & cheese and you can bet I will be wiping Dinhofer's face in it :). I won't lie and say there won't be many under breath profanities aimed at you both if the suffering hits an all time high ;)
    If the suffering hits an all time high & you KQ 2 months later, I am expecting an apology & a big ass steak to discuss said apology over   :*
  • Options
    Put me down for the waitlist next year.  Happy to help organize extra housing.
  • Options
    Just to acknowledge...The sign up for next year will proceed similar to Blue Ridge Camp. Previous years' campers will be offered an opportunity to sign on board, probably with a time limit of June 26 or so. Then wait listers will be added. Depending on how many express firm interest, we'll need to consider whether two separate weeks, or one week with an additional house, about a 3/4 mile away, would be the way folks want to go. The house works well with 10-14 people. A group larger than that (say, 25-28) is harder to manage as a *group*, meaning it's show up and do your own thing rather than everyone ride the same general route each day. Meaning, if 20+ people want to come, I;d prefer two separate camp weeks to trying to fill another house.

Wait list at this point:
    1. Patti Rosen
    2. Dave Campbell
    3. Gabe Peterson

[John Withrow, as a previous camper, will have an opportunity to sign on at the end of this years's camp]
  • Options
    @Dave Campbell, see PM I sent you...
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to the camp with some trepidation. When I've been out riding I keep telling myself that I'll be able to draft off you gals and guys but then I looked at your Strava files and realized even keeping on your rear wheel will be a b17ch.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to the camp with some trepidation. When I've been out riding I keep telling myself that I'll be able to draft off you gals and guys but then I looked at your Strava files and realized even keeping on your rear wheel will be a b17ch.
    While you may not necessarily be able to hang with the "young" guys, I'm hoping I can convince them to make every effort to have a good paceline in the few sections where that is critical. Most of the time, I think you'll be enjoying yourself too much to worry about who's ahead and who's behind.
  • Options
    While you may not necessarily be able to hang with the "young" guys, I'm hoping I can convince them to make every effort to have a good paceline in the few sections where that is critical. Most of the time, I think you'll be enjoying yourself too much to worry about who's ahead and who's behind.
    @AlTruscott I'm not too concerned about where l am position wise, I'm concerned about my tendency to want to chase down any bike in front of me. I've gotten better about that over the years but it's still there lurking below the surface. Oh, and the fact that I'm coming from sea level and don't have near as many long rides under my belt as l would like. :-P
  • Options
    @Mark Maurer - we're all coming from sea level..
    have fun chasing.. I'm watching the views & looking for the after ride brews, the real question is, who are all of these "young guys" that @Al Truscott keeps talking about :o

but seriously, I get the tendency and I've learned to hang on to the train, which in of itself isn't always easy. We always regroup at major turning points
  • Options
    Watch out for Danielle...she takes no prisoners.
  • Options
    I'll just be out there surviving, fighting my own personal demons and providing comic relief along the way........
  • Options
    Maybe I'll just sit on Scott's wheel and song John Denver songs all day, or bastardizations of them. I'm good at making up alternate lyrics.
  • Options
    Maybe I'll just sit on Scott's wheel and song John Denver songs all day, or bastardizations of them. I'm good at making up alternate lyrics.
    You know you two guys are sharing a room with me.