Home General Training Discussions
Options

Open Water Training- Michigan

Does anyone know a place to open water swim, preferably without motorboats/jet skis? Do the metroparks allow you to go past the "swim area?" (I live in SE Michigan/Detroit area but am willing to travel...)

Comments

• Options
    Laura, I swim in Trout Lake at Island Lake State Rec. A lot of triathletes and open water swimmers swim there. I swim with a group on Monday nights if you are interested. 
  • Options
    @Brian Hagan I'd love to! That's my favorite place to mountain bike. What time do you swim? I have a child with special needs so I have to wait until my husband gets home to leave, or find a babysitter. Does pace matter? (I was a swimmer but not a distance one- weird that I'm doing a HIM, but it's on my bucket list :)
  • Options
    @Laura Searle we meet in the Kent Lake Parking Lot and walk over at 6:30. I consider myself a slower swimmer.  There are a few faster than me and a bit more slower than me. We do the perimeter which is about 1 mile. I will probably do more. I sometimes get there early and start on my own. I will PM you my cell. My first Monday will be next week.