Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2017 Rev3 Quassy Half Race Reflection for Ross Kaffenberger

I'm thrilled to have competed in this race—my first with EN and my first triathlon anywhere in two years. It was also my first time meeting @Coach Patrick and @Mariah Bridges in person; great to finally meet you! 

I published on my race reflection on my blog... check it out here.

Comments

• Options
    Nice race.  Way to hang in there and keep working hard.  Your TSS numbers are incredibly high. Those are like the TSS for IM events.  How did you do a three hour ride at an IF of > .9?  Your FTP is already very high but it might be even higher based on those numbers.  Might be time to retest once you recover from that effort.  Congratulations
  • Options
    Congrats on the PR.  Great race recap.  I did Quassy two years ago and your descriptions of the course brought back painful memories.  :-)
  • Options
    Great write up! Nice to meet you and chat pre-race. Helped to keep the nerves down. Congrats on a PR race and return to triathlon.
  • Options
    @Robert Sabo Thanks for looking into those numbers. It didn't "feel" like I was overdoing it on the bike, so maybe my numbers do need a reset. Some of those hills I just had to push to keep from falling over!

@Derrek Sanks Thanks! One of my favorite races because it's so tough—makes other races feel flat.

@Stephen Cogger Nice meeting you too. It was great to have someone friendly to chat with before heading out on the course. Hope you had a great race. 
  • Options
    Nice job out there Ross!  That course is HARD and overcoming a mechanical on top of all that shows some serious fortitude.