Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

IMMT Training June 6 - 12

Focus: The Split Run

You may notice we now have a significant "run durability" component to the training by adding running frequency. So now as you head into the IM Full plan you will notice the following…….

• Split Long Run: in weeks 9 through 12, the long run is split into two Thursday sessions. The coaches experimented with this in 2015 and found they were able to run both runs a faster average pace and put up higher single day mileage, with less recovery cost vs a traditional one-session long run. Then then enables...

• Additional Friday Run: the ability to put in a run the day after the long run allows us to significantly boost the run volume, and therefore the run durability component, of the long course training plans.

• Saturday Pre-Ride Brick Run: this run, added to the plans years ago, remains a running staple.

• Sunday Post-Ride Brick Run: an extremely valuable session for helping our athletes dial in the critical first 4-6 miles of their running race execution strategy

So this week- let’s focus on that split long run and report back on how we do!  

Remember…..your race day run should be:

• Consistent

• Smart

• Effective

• Sustained Pace

PACING:

No one run will make or break your race but how you look at pacing will.  

Focus on sustainable pace.

RECOVERY:

Set yourself up like a rock star---

• Eat and Hydrate during your workout

• Recovery Shake immediately after

• Compression socks or resting in the first half hour window after.  Aim for at least one minute elevated resting legs per mile. i.e. 10 mile run, 10 minutes legs elevated, compression socks and resting.

Recovery sets you up for the weekend volume rides

****** We are all one big endurance racing family! If you need ANYTHING from your trusty Race Captain…...I'm here! ******

Admin check in:   Make sure you are following all social media for EN and Facebook

Comments

• Options
    Where is everyone ?? :)

On my side things are ramping up, did the split runs yesterday cuz cant do tomorrow.

First part is the hacked part that Patrick had me doing until i race 70.3 MT in 2 weeks. This first part is pure intervals to which I add 1M per week. This week I was at 8X1M @ z4.. that was brutal but made it. Looking fwd to see results on race day.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1024111256

Second part was to climb the mountain we have here in Montreal, up and down x2, I underestimated the time needed to do it.. so went a bit over total running time for the day.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1024585736

Today will be the Friday's workout.

Starting this week I will start focusing on post workout recovery, I tend to overlook that part and I am pretty sure its a major upgrade that I need to focus and that doesnt cost much money !  yesterday I started to put legs up 1minutes/mile ran, bought chocolat powder and made a big drink with proteins in it
  • Options
    @FP, I agree, where is everyone?

I'm mostly skipping runs this week in anticipation of my weekend long run, so it's been swim, swim for me.  Today I'll do the normal Wednesday bike/run combo and then tomorrow I think I'll swim again.

@Mariah Bridges If you're reading this, can you use the plan week number in the thread titles moving forward?  For me at least, it's easier to identify the proper thread that way.

Clark

• Options
    I'm here...  My head has been out of the IM space for a while.  I guess I should take these cues to rattle my noggin, and get back into it!  

I have a couple or HIM's coming up in the next few weeks which will be a fitness and execution tester.  My main IM push tends to occur between weeks 13-18 where I like to do bike bumps and big tri weeks.  If I revert back to my slumber before 13 (7wks out), I ask that someone slap me.  

Carry on.
  • Options
    Got the first run session in today but my schedule won't allow a second today. Raced the half in Quassy last weekend, so I'll give myself a little slack this week anyway.
  • Options
    Francis- you've been killing it man- props to you for all the hard work you've been putting in!

Good week for me and starting to feel my fitness level increase finally...it was a tough gonfor a while getting thru an injury. Feeling less fatigue and soreness...more energy throughout the day which is  nice. Couldn't fit in 2 runs yesterday so did 90 mins in the morning. Leaving for vacation in fla tomorrow for 4 days where I plan to relax a little bit and squeeze in a few runs. Back into my plan mid-week next week. 
    Keep it up team!
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2017 5:00PM
    Hi everyone!  Thanks for keeping the IMMT train alive!

Rich, Anna and I were doing a BBW last week and off the grid mostly.

Here is the FB link to the madness: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1101510656604860/?ref=bookmarks

412 miles of biking, 30,000 feet of climbing between 8,000 and 12,000 feet of elevation with a Ragnar relay race to top it off.....

Trying to recover the first part of this week and fall in line with the plan soon!

SS
  • Options
    Was able to take a day off today and went with a friend to do his RR for his race in mid July... I know it wasnt in the plan but wanted to do it.

The rest of the week will be easy since I have a big training day Friday and bike run on Saturday.. before entering MT70.3 race week !