Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2017 70.3 World Championships (Chattanooga) Welcome and Introductory Thread

Welcome to the IM 70.3 World Championships Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc! and

Do not forget to check out the Half Ironman Race Page, your one stop shop for all things, dates, actions and resources related to your big race. From there you’ll be able to find all of the relevant resources, get critical dates, find out how to connect with the Team and much, much more.

If you need additional support, please let us know using the support tab on the right side of the page!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Hi All!  Qualified this past March in Puerto Rico placing second in the 40-44 AG.  Haven't really thought about my goals for this race yet as I've been training for my summer Ironman in Lake Placid.  Once I'm able to get through July 23rd, I will focus on my game plan for Choo.  Looking forward to racing my first 70.3 world championship with fellow ENers!!!
  • Options
    I'll be there - can't wait to race with my EN mates! Chattown will be a great venue - the new course looks pretty tough
  • Options
    I got a roll-down slot at Port Macquarie 70.3 in the 65-69 age group.
    As I have been recovering from knee injury and knee stability issues for the last 12 months, I only entered the 70.3 as I wasn't in shape enough to do the full at Port Mac. I only wanted to participate, but was surprised to get the roll-down slot.
    Thinking that it will probably be my only World Championship slot, I claimed it.
    Now I have seen the course, I am a bit concerned about whether I can beat the cut-offs. Oh, and I am a poor swimmer without a wetsuit.
  • Options
    I qualified at the TriClub championship in PR as well.    Looking forward to the race.....no specific goals this year beyond having fun with my fitness.   I'm excited for the dual race days so I can play both racer and spectator.
  • Options
    I'll be there .... fingers crossed that my broken elbow will be healed. I qualified last year at Vineman 70.3. My goals are to get to the start line :D  
  • Options
    My husband I will be racing with you all in Chattanooga. We just finished Ironman Santa Rosa this past weekend and will begin focusing on Chattanooga now. I qualified at Vineman 70.3 in 2016 and Steve qualified at Santa Rosa 70.3 in May 2017.  

I am currently enjoying my recovery week and extra down time with my coffee :-).  

Hope to meet you all in Sept.

Carrie Chavez
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2017 5:11PM
    Hi, I'll be there.  Qualified at Syracuse and then qualified for Kona at IMLP (not fully expecting I would) - so not really sure how to train for this one with Kona now looming?
    It will be a quickie -  drive 13 hours to the race, watch the women on Sat, race Sun. drive home.  Swim should be fun upstream. :)
  • Options
    Chattanooga peeps ... I think we have two threads going.

Congrats @peter lautenslager

@Carrie Chavez I also qualified at Vineman 2016 :)  Where are you staying?
  • Options
    I qualified through the Women For Tri ranking program.  No real goals expect to enjoy the whole event and have fun race day.  Who knows if I will ever qualify again so I am doing everything from the AWA breakfast on Thursday through the banquet on Sunday night.    

I think we have several threads going but I am not used to navigating the thread system yet.