Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

JUAN VERGARA RR-2 PRE ROTH JUL 9

Historically I've been "unintentionally very disciplined" in race rehearsals, when it comes to the Coach's recommendation, specifically when he says ....  "the more mistakes you make on RR, the better ...."

Oh yes .... much better in RR than in the race itself. 

Today (my last RR before Challenge Roth July 9th) I excelled in the category "making stupid mistakes". Here goes the list:

1. Forgot to turn on the alarm (ended up training almost 2 hours later than planned).
  2. My pre race breakfast has been the same for years and has worked perfectly    .... therefore, breakfast today was the same as every race. This time around however ... it did not work!!! I made some important adjustments in my daily nutrition 6 months ago which worked extremely well for me during my out season all the way to race prep IM week 18 (today). I should have sticked with what was working 
  3. The garmin HRM had no issues until yesterday. Today however, the battery on my strap .... was - like my legs - without the energy to send the signal to my garmin. Fortunately a friend riding with me today had an extra strap which worked perfectly. 
  4. No such "spare" luck with the Powermeter (which had worked perfectly until my last ride on Tuesday). Readings all over the map from the beginning and halfway through the 5hour ride .... no power numbers on my wrist garmin. Battery problem?? Will see on my next ride.

The funny thing is ..... just yesterday I published my RACE PLAN and in it I had obviously written: change batteries, check batteries, triple check .... etc 

Anyway ..... I hope the Coach is proud of me!!! I did all possible stupid mistakes today and should not repeat those in Roth!!!