Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin

2017 IM Wisc- Let's GO!! Start the mojo in 3....2....1....

HELLLLO AMAZING IM Wisconsin RACERS!!

Can you believe it?? HERE WE ARE! It’s race prep time! I am PUMPED to join you on this journey as your Race Captain! Please know I am HERE FOR YOU. This will be my second year as Race Captain and I am excited to revamp and make these weekly posts even more valuable to you.  If you have questions, comments, concerns, need some venting time- whatever! SEND IT MY WAY! This week let’s get some of the administrative homework out of the way.

• View, Share, Read etc our IM Wisc Racing Page: HERE

• On Social Media? Follow, Share, Spread the word about training with EN using #EN4Keys and tagging us on all platforms:

• Twitter - @teamen ---- Instagram - @teamendurancenation ------ Facebook - www.facebook.com/endurancenation

• Use email friend@endurancenation.us to get a friend to train with you and EN (they get 30 days FREE and you can earn referral bonuses)

• Nudge all current EN members that you know are racing IM Wisc to chime in on the weekly forums

• Our new and improved Forums are amazing so make sure you bookmark the threads to check in weekly!!  Check the box to follow the entire IM Texas forum so you don't miss a single announcement

• Friend Mariah Bridges and me on Facebook so that we can tag you in pictures and race recaps the week after your race on the EN page

• Your training hashtag is #EN4Keys and of course tag us if you wish, let’s tell the world!

Charge all your swim, bike and run electronics, tune up that bike, stretch out those legs and prepare that mental game and order the nutrition you need because we are about to dive head first into EN training.

Every Sunday night/ Monday I will post the weekly forum with the training dates, some mojo, advice, admin notices and general EN awesomeness. Whether you're a veteran EN member or newbie, this is the magic of training with the team. We will keep each other motivated, have a place to talk about your daily training ups and downs, get questions answered, answer fellow teammates questions and make some friends along the way. The more everyone participates the more everyone will crush this race the Endurance Nation way!

Make sure to watch the videos, podcasts and blogs that are attached to each week of training on the website. They are located on the right side of the your training page.  CHECK THEM OUT! Maybe listen to them as you stretch, roll or recover or as you fuel up for a workout.  

I will post highlights weekly. This week we Coach Rich talks about the importance of the long ride and data tracking. Get to know yourself and what your needs are during these long rides. Track EVERYTHING!! The difference between a successful execution and an unsuccessful one is knowing what you need to execute.

So ROLL CALL! Who’s doing IM Wisc ?? Introduce yourself- let us know where you are from? Is this your first IM? Anything you wanna share about yourself. Because  WE ARE A TEAM and we want to support each other the best we can. So now let’s hear it, make some noise.... Any questions for the team?

On your mark.... get set.... GO!

*** SPONSOR OF THE WEEK:  InsideTracker: Check out Coach P’s blog on this incredible process. https://www.endurancenation.us/blog/uncategorized/insidetracker/

InsideTracker is a personalized health analytics company founded by leading scientists, physicians, nutritionists and exercise physiologists from MIT, Harvard and Tufts University.

The InsideTracker platform tracks and analyzes key biochemical and physiological markers and applies sophisticated algorithms and large scientific databases to determine personalized optimal zones for each marker.

Inside Tracker

Discount: 20% to TeamEN Members

Code: ENDURANCENATION

*** EN GEAR:  Make sure to check out our AMAZING store at Trisports! http://www.trisports.com/endurance-nation.html

Comments

• Last big weekend of training. Had a good ride on Friday but the run was difficult. Thinking that was a nutrition issue as I didn't have enough calories with me on the bike. Shouldn't be a problem on race day.
    Saturday got in one loop of the IMWIS bike course before it started raining followed by a good run between more rain showers. Raining here again today (Sunday). I did get a swim in this morning but bike & run will have to wait until think dry up.
  • I had commitments today so my big weekend was 45 miles on the bike Friday followed by the monstor day yesterday (130 mi bike, 6 mile run). I was at the pool at 5:30 to do a race rehersal but it was closed.  I took it as a sign.
  •  Had to change it up due to work, so no big day for me. 4hr Fri, 4hr Sat, and 2 today. 

I saw that big 130 mile ride- awesome

Now focus moves to trying trying not to add a lot of weight

• Is anybody else like me and really getting a wee bit paranoid. I don't want to get to the end of the training and not be able to race because of either an accident or getting sick. So I am trying to be crazy safe on the bike and also take lots of vitamin C, etc.  
  • Very wise Jon! A training partner crashed on the bike the Saturday before race week back in 2014. It was our last training/taper ride before IMWI. He clipped another training bike in our group and after going down, cracking his helmet and fracturing his collar bone, he couldn't race IM the following week.  Ever since that experience I ride the trainer rather than venture outside during the taper.  I'm also working from home and trying to avoid contact with others as much as possible.  Hand sanitizer is my friend.
  • I head to Brazil tonight and will be extra extra careful with hand washing, drinking water, etc, etc.  
  • I ran with @bill manard shortly before his IMMT race and he mentioned that Coach P mantra for this period is "do no harm"!