Home General Training Discussions
Options

My Plan | HR Zones vs. Power %

I am not sure where else to ask this question, so throwing it out on the general.  I am a returning member (was a member for about 5-6 months in early 2016), and I loaded my plan today.  But the bike workouts appear to be in HR zones versus % of FTP like they were before.  I have entered my FTP, but just can't figure out how to have my plan based on % of FTP instead of zones.  Maybe something changed in the period I was away?  Any help woud be appreciated! 

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Peter.  Yes, I have entered my 20 min power there.  I guess my question are the bike workouts in my plan based on zones vs. % of FTP like the plan I used last year?  I have entered my data.  Just scratching my as to why. 
  • Options
    Which plan Jeff?
  • Options
    Gregg, I am using the 2017 Full Plan.  The bike workouts seem to use HR zones vs. % of FTP (which is the way they were written when I used the full plan last year).  I am a returning EN member.  Unless - the plans are now using power zones, and that is what I am seeing?
  • Options
    Jeff, I just checked the 2017 Full (Intermediate) Plan. The bike wkos are described in terms of Zones (eg zone 4, is FTP work etc), so not sure what you are looking at?
    When you used the zone calculator, did you save the power zones? Or the heart rate zones?
  • Options
    Yes, thank you.  So I am guessing the bike workouts are now written in terms of power zones.  When I used the Full Intermediate Plan in 2016 for IMTX, the bike workouts were written as % of FTP - which I prefer.  It seems that the plans have changed to zones.  Thanks Peter. 
  • Options
    My pleasure.
  • Options
    Jeff,

The Zones equate to a % FTP range, e.g. Zone 1 is 65% - 70% FTP; Zone 4 is 95% - 100% FTP.  If you go to your Full Training Plan you'll see the actual power numbers for each zone.