Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

JUAN VERGARA CHALLENGE ROTH FLASH RACE REPORT.

HAPPY WITH MY RACE TODAY 

Target 10:30

Actual 10:34 (personal best versus 11:02 two years ago)

Did not run the marathon I wished (almost 20 minutes slower than planned) .... the course was brutal!!! Very long climbs which were not in my radar. 

The event is simply amazing. Everything I had read and heard does not come close to real life.  Amazing crowds, amazing energy. 

Highly recommended it!!!

Complete report "sometime" in the near future. 

Comments

• Options
    Congrats on the new PB.  Looking forward to the full race report.
  • Options
    ^^^ Enjoy the glow of a fabulous race!  Recover hard, and like Gordon said, looking forward to the full report!
  • Options
    Sounds like a race to remember. Well worth the effort you've been putting into it over the past months.
  • Options
    Congrats on a super time!  
  • Options
    Congrats!!! 
    "Very long climbs which were not in my radar. "

curious about ^^that^^ as I always thought that Roth was known for its "flatness" hence why frodo chose it as the WR attempt last year?

• Options
    @Scott Dinhofer tks!! They changed the run course this year for the first time. Use to be out and back along the canal (dirt) but it was not spectator friendly (lonely) and dangerous with family members riding their bikes alongside on a narrow path where athletes were coming and going. The new course is 90 tarmac, packed with especatators as it goes to a close by town which had never been part of the race ..... but that meant CRUEL climbs!!! Totally non comparable with the past now.
  • Options
    @Scott Dinhofer tks!! They changed the run course this year for the first time. Use to be out and back along the canal (dirt) but it was not spectator friendly (lonely) and dangerous with family members riding their bikes alongside on a narrow path where athletes were coming and going. The new course is 90 tarmac, packed with especatators as it goes to a close by town which had never been part of the race ..... but that meant CRUEL climbs!!! Totally non comparable with the past now.
    Then it sounds like your "actual" time was well better than your Target time!

Either way, sounds like a great race, that you certainly deserved!
  • Options
    Great race!
  • Options
    Turby and I were "watching" you all day:-)  What a GREAT race you had!  And on your birthday, no less:-)  Congratulations on a super effort and awesome result!  Not bad for a Grandpa:-)