Home General Training Discussions
Options

DIY Mont Tremblant Camp: July 15, 16 2017

Brenda (our fearless Race Director) and her equally awesome husband Steve will be training on the course of Mont Tremblant the weekend of July 15th and 16th. Anyone is welcome to join them for a self-supported weekend of training on the official course!

Tentative Plan

All of this is just a recommendation…you can do what you want!

• Friday July 14th: Arrive and Get Set Up - meet for drink at 7pm - location TBD (reply below if you are IN)

• Saturday July 15th:

• 1 hour swim
  • 6 hour bike
  • 1 hour run
  • Meet for some food / beers - location/time TBD
  • Sunday July 16th:
  • Option #1 - 1hr swim/4hour bike/1hour swim
  • Option #2 - 1hr swim/1 loop of run course
  • Option #3 - 1 loop of run course
  • Depart for Home!

What You Need

This is a 100% self supported event. You will need the following things:

• Lodging in Mont Tremblant…if you need ideas, ask in this thread (aka Brenda will not be giving you a room!)
  • Full resources to fuel and fix yourself on the course…just like you are riding at home!
  • Maps of the Bike and Run Course…you can view them here:
  • Desire to train and have fun…Team Ross prefers both! :)
Why A DIY Training Camp?

There are a million great places to train that don't involve races. Tons of great places even in your own town or state. Chances are if you think it's cool, your teammates will think it's awesome. 

Call me a dork, but one of my favorite things to do is ride and run in new places. 

Before you plan some solitary mission, remember you can certainly invite your teammates to join you on your next crazy adventure. 

Just call it a DIY Camp and share the love!

~ Coach P

Ps - if there's a hot tub, you have a 95% change of getting @JeremyBehler there. #justsaying 

Comments

• Options
    @JeremyBehler - we have access to a hot tub - you in?

• Options
    Did my camp week last week. If I was still in Mtl this week I would have come.

its such a great place to train !
  • Options
    @Brenda RossCan you send someone to Indiana to do my work and I'll come?  
  • Options
    @Brenda Ross and crew this is great!! I so wish I could come but i have to work. :-( Have a great time! 
  • Options
    How did the DIY IMMT CAMP go?  Highlights / Lowlights.....?
  • Options
    @Shaughn Simmons - camp was great.  

Highlights
    1. stayed in a condo for FREE that was super close to the ski village and had a nice hill to run and bike up after a hard day of training
    2. Bluesfest was on, so we got entertained every night for dinner
    3. Company was great (Natalie Pilon, her boyfriend Adam, me, Steve and friend Cheryl Turpin
    4. Roads as still in great conditions
    5. Conditions were ripe - very little wind, lots of sun and NO rain!!!!!
    6. Managed to do two loops, but without Duplesis (see below) and two good runs. Sunday was 1 loop of the run course.

Lowlights
    1. did not get in the water, so no idea of water temps
    2. young man died on Duplesis - drove into the back of an SUV
    3. hills are just where everyone left them last year