Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

IMLP Weather

I would love to hear from some of the veterans regarding ironman competitions in the rain. I know the forecast can change a few times between now and Sunday but would like to start preparing in case it doesn't. What's best to wear in terms of clothing for the bike portion? ...is bringing arm warmers and a cheap rain coat enough?? do you wear 'sun'glasses? Wondering if I should also pack my older pair of Hoka one ones and leave at RSN with a change of socks

Comments

• Options
    @Arthur Paterson I haven't had a race with serious rain and have gotten by with warmers & thin jacket.  If the forecast is right it's looking like it'll hold off until later in the day & not high coverage anyway.  

This is the only IM I've done that lets you get your SNB back afterward, so you could put replacement shoes/socks in there if you wanted to swap out for something dry at RSN and still get them back (pickup by noon Monday per the guide).

I double bag (use a kitchen trash bag inside) transition/SN bags when it's supposed to be rainy overnight or during the day.

• Options
    I'm going with arm warmers for the bike a jacket or vest could also be good if you get colder.  Extra shoes would only be useful if it stops raining.  Maybe some lube on the feet.  Also you may or may not get your run special needs bag back so no guarantees you get those shoes back.
  • Options
    Thanks @scott renick and @Gordon Cherwoniak I appreciate the feedback. Thanksfully the weather looks great and we shouldn't have to worry