Home Announcements 🎙
Options

EN*Half Plan Improvements for 2018

2»

Comments

• Options

First- I LOVE that my zones are right in there in FS and I don’t have to look them up.

However, I have noticed that the run sets seem off. I’m in Week 16 of Run focus. It’s supposed to be a progressive run, and the description describes a run that starts in Z2 and finishes in Z3. But the actual plan calls for Z3, TRP, then Z2- getting slower. What’s up with that?

• Options

Hi Leslie, yes I am on Week 15 bike focus and its the same. It such a shame that we’re in September and there are still elements of the Training Plans that aren’t right. I find it very frustrating.

Personally, I think the set is written incorrectly. The zone 3 should be at the end of the run. I will aim to negative split the run so will aim to do it in the order of Warm-Up, TRP, Z2, Z3.

• Options

That’s what I’m doing. But it took me a couple of runs to figure out that ain’t right.

Yeah- I signed up for a HIM six weeks out! Started the plan in camp week. I had all the mileages from my regular workouts, just hadn’t been putting them together with specified intervals and bricks. It’ll all work out...probably...

• Options
    OK kids, I finally found a bit of time. I went through the Race Pace Plus
    bikes and the long runs to fix the intervals and guidance. I did this
    on Final Surge, so the kicker is:

- you'd have to delete your FUTURE workouts (so you don't lose data)
    - load in the new plan (some dates in the future, so they don't overlap
    old stuff).
    - Move only the workouts you want into the days you want them (having
    made a note of the dates when you were deleting future dates of the old
    plan).
    - Finish up by deleting all those extra workouts from weeks you don't
    need in the future.

Here's a tutorial on the help site:
    https://www.endurancenation.us/help/loading-specific-plan-weeks-into-your-final-surge-calendar/

sorry this took so long!

~ Coach P
  • Options

Thank you, Coach!!

Have a great a productive weekend.

• Options

Excellent! Thanks Coach P :)