Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

2017 IM Lou Mojo Thread

The official thread should be starting up soon, but until then let's share the mojo on training!

Here's a video from last year: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVFcO1Yat_Y

Comments

• Options
    Training is on point so far! Looking forward to hearing how everyone else is doing!
  • Options
    Starting from Monday (7/24), we have 70 days of intense training -- that covers weeks 9 through 18.  Today was day 3 on my calendar.

Took another swim lesson this morning; dang was I ever wasting time and energy swimming with bad form!
  • Options
    I will follow the IMLV thread even if I wont start the training before first week of Sept which is 2 weeks after IMMT
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2017 6:17PM
    Thanks for posting @Paul Curtin!  It looks like there were plenty of people falling over entering T2.  I also noticed the wet-suits and assume by mid October we should be safe for a wet-suit swim. 

I've been on a pretty steady CTL climb since June.  So far everything is feeling good, and I am looking forward to my first race prep in 1 1/2 years!
  • Options

Yeah, training just got real!  For this IM build I'm on the 12 Week Minimalist Plan and this is week 1...woot woot! 

This training plan is no where close to a minimalist training.  Basically, the bike volume is slightly lower than the standard IM plan.  The key differences are FTP bike is on Tues and a VO2 bike/some Z3 efforts on Thurs; long run is on Sunday and no ABP rides.  Weekly swim and run workouts/volume are about the same.

Thanks for the video @Paul Curtin

• Options
    @Brian Hagan -- water should definitely be colder by then.  First race prep in a long while; welcome back to racing!

@Derrek Sanks -- so did you test this week or skip it?

I like the Sunday long run feature of the Minimalist plan; last night I raced so I'll hack the regular plan and move today's long run to Sunday; hopefully I can get a decent ride in today
  • Options
    Looks like Laura added the official thread, so let's switch over to there ... but one last post:

Here's a pic from last night's race.  I totally nailed the flying dismount!

• Options
    @Paul Curtin - In the minimalist plan, the first test week is in week 4.