Home Classifieds
Options

EN trisuit or single for sale? I'm 6'2'' 195 lbs.

edited July 28, 2017 5:31PM in Classifieds
Hi,

My first 70.3 is coming up on 8/13. Most EN gear is backordered on the Trisports EN page (my fault for not looking sooner; I did look in early or mid July).

Does anyone have a one-piece or singlet for sale that is in good shape (ideally with a sleeveless top)? Has anyone ever raced with a short sleeved tri-suit/jersey underneath a sleeveless wetsuit? I assume the exposed jersey material will add additional drag in the water.

I just looked this "classifieds" thread for the first time...looks like a lot of great stuff! :)

Thanks!
-Rob

Comments

• Options
    @Larry Peters - i have a set at home that should work, they were a now defunct ENers... I need to look at sizes, 
    will post sizes & pics tonight for you. 

• Options
    Thanks a ton @Scott Dinhofer !! Any chance the top is sleeveless (I was just going back in to add that to my original post...you are quick!)? I kinda want to race in a sleeveless wetsuit and I'm wondering if that means I have to have a sleeveless tri top? 
  • Options
    @Larry Peters -- I have the one-piece EN kit from last year if you're interested.  It does have sleeves, but I've used it with both a sleeveless wetsuit and a skinsuit, and the arms were never an issue.  It's a size large and was never overly tight on me (I'm 6' 1" and raced last year at 175-180 pounds)

If you're not familiar with it here's a picture I stole from Mike R's race report.  It's the one on the right.  I liked it because it was longer in the legs and was quite comfortable (I have the new EN kit so it's unlikely I'll ever wear it again)

• Options
    Hey @Paul Curtin , I am definitely interested, thanks! How much are you selling it for?
  • Options

Size large, should work for you also
  • Options
    @Paul Curtin, if Larry passes on your suit, I am interested in it. Is it the LG M2 version? I have a large  LG M2 and it is perfect!
  • Options
    @Scott Dinhofer that looks great! It is even sleeveless :)! Do you have paypal? If not, how would you like me to pay you? What do I owe you?

1506 Lenox Rd SE
    Grand Rapids, MI

Thanks!

@Paul Curtin, depending on how much you are selling it for, I might buy both & try them.  But I don't want to hog it from @Jeff Kane

• Options
    @Larry Peters -- I sent you a message, just let me know  

Hello @Jeff Kane -- yes, it's the M2.  I'll leave it to Larry to decide if he wants it ... if not I'll let you know
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2017 3:37PM
    @Scott Dinhofer that looks great! It is even sleeveless :)! Do you have paypal? If not, how would you like me to pay you? What do I owe you?

1506 Lenox Rd SE
    Grand Rapids, MI

Thanks!

@Paul Curtin, depending on how much you are selling it for, I might buy both & try them.  But I don't want to hog it from @Jeff Kane

@Larry Peters - the sizes are both Large. they were tucker Mckeever's. can you look up the sizing for the tri top which i think is just LG's sizing tables?
    if you are good with it, I can ship on monday.. 
    Thinking $80for both pieces shipped USPS?
    my Paypal is sdinhofer@gmail.com

• Options
    @Scott Dinhofer I got the kit & it looks great, thanks a ton! The shorts are too small, unfortunately, but that is on me. I'm going to wear the top with my old tri-shorts Sunday in my first 70.3. I still want to get a sleeveless 1-piece for next season, however. I took the top out on an easy taper bike yesterday and taper run today & it felt great. Thanks again!

If you know anyone who wants a pair of lightly used large LG EN shorts, please let me know! I'm thinking shipped for $40.