Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Chattanooga
Options

IMCHOO Training Wk July 31 - August 7

This week is a Bike Focus Week. Coach has strategically put in some volume bumps within the plan to prepare you for your race! This will be a chance for your to push your boundaries in cycling. So what do you have on your plan for cycling this week? Going anywhere beautiful and exciting to enjoy the time outside?

A couple more notes: Make sure you are tweaking your nutrition plan as needed!! And write these things down...what works, what doesn’t??  

So now I turn it over to the fantastic CHOO CREW- I want to hear all about your training weekend and what you learned.Let’s GET IT!!!

*** SPONSOR OF THE WEEK:  Roka- Check out this AWESOME gear!

We are honored to have the opportunity to support Endurance Nation

T-EndurNat-25 This will give you 25% off on swim products, such as wetsuits, swimskins, swimwear, and swim equipment. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-RUN20 This will give you 20% off run products. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-CYCLE20 This will give you 20% off non closeout cycling products. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-SG20 This will give you 20% off sunglasses. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-TRI20 This will give you 20% off triathlon apparel. It is valid through the end of the year.

These codes are used when ordering from our website, www.rokasports.com.  We ask that you're discreet with the discount code and refrain from sharing it with non-club members  Please do not ask retailers to match your team discount.  Please note that the code is not active during a site wide sale and you cannot combine your team code with any other discount.

Comments

• Options
    8 weeks to go!  Boom!
  • Options
    In all actuality I see it as 6 weeks to go, it's a piece of cake after that point. 

Last weekend went well got 93 miles in Sat, my first major ride of the build. Garmin died on me so I had to piece my rides together from my 520 and 920 files.  I'm focusing on the 5 hr rides and tracking my power data to get an overall picture and put it to the test on RR's. 

Im throwing down my best ever run mileage during this build. 32-35 for next couple weeks then P has me bumping it up. I'm very proud of that, glass legs no more!

I really need to increase my swim frequency and will do so in the coming weeks. Especially the last 2-3 weeks. 

Stay focused, hydrated and rested my friends. Oh yea, remember ABC (always be charging) those electronics!
  • Options
    Agreed Josh that it's 6 weeks of actual training but I don't ever rule out a well executed taper.  :)  

Last weekend rides went well for me as well.  (it was hot but I nailed the nutrition)

The local pool is still closed until next week.  I have been doing open water swims but I 'm also feel the need to increase my swim frequency as well.  Open water for me is much different than the pool.  Some obvious reasons, but I find sighting is throwing off my stroke.  Bilateral breathing seems to be off somewhat also.  ugh (more work here to do for sure  :#)

• Options

Last week was a terrific week - made the Strava leaderboard for once ha ha! Some great running, cycling and swimming. Run test early in the week also showed a gain in run pace so very happy with that. I see a camp week coming up very soon and trying to figure out how to fit that into a real-world schedule this year, looks possible with some ideas and creativity (thanks Patrick)

This week will be a heavy biking weekend, now that the volume has increased the weight is falling again, if I can hold this weight I am going to be 4-5 kgs lower than my last full IM so excited about that too!

(buzzing today!)

• Options
    Man I'm so ready for the pool here to reopen.  Open water swim cut short due to thunder and rain.  I'm going try again this evening.  the struggle is real  :#
  • Options
    @Eric Rueppel hang in there man. I will say your OWS have put you ahead of the curve and in great race form. 
    I was interrupted last week in the indoor pool because of lightning, I know how you feel. 
  • Options
    Went to Northern Michigan for a family weekend.  No bike, no run, no swim.  A walk in the woods and a lot of trips to the wood pile for more camp fire action.  Over all, I have trained significantly harder this year than for my first (IMLP 2015).  Feel much better.  A few creeping aches and pains are now gone and back at it.  
    Had a physical on Monday and my Thyroid is not working properly.  Started synthetic thyroid med. on Tuesday.  We'll see how that changes things.  Need to make sure the fuel program is good.  I guess the thyroid helps your cells metabolize energy.    Hmm.  A new FTP and Vdot in a month?  We'll see.
  • Options
    sounds like training is going well!! awesome