Home Announcements 🎙
Options

August 2017 Forum Update

As part of our continued evolution, we have made a few tweaks to the EN Forums here behind the scenes. Some of you have noticed already, and I wanted to keep you in the loop. 

Notification Changes

Notifications were turned off by default. In fact, many folks didn’t even know how to find them or turn them on. So we have turned on a few “for everyone” to see if it improves engagement. The notifications we turned on are:

+ When someone writes on my wall
+ When I earn a badge
+ Comments on my discussions (topics I have spoken in)
+ Comments on my bookmarked discussions (topics I have “saved”)
+ When people mention me (in any topic)
+ When people private message me

If you want to disable any of these elements (or add the other available options) you can do so in the Forums by going to the notifications section of your Forum Profile and using the checkmarks to select the type of notifications you get: http://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/sso?Target=/Profile/preferences

New Q & A Forum

We have started a new Question and Answer Forum, you can find it here: https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/sso?Target=/categories/question-answer-central.

Our intent is to give you a space where you can easily assist one another -- remember, our collective knowledge is what makes Endurance Nation so powerful. 

Moving forward, when you ask -- and answer -- these Questions inside EN you will earn points...and these points will be tracked in a monthly leaderboard (sidebar of EN forums) where we will give out awards each month. 

Not every question is super complicated, deserving attention from Coach Patrick or the WSMs...for example:

+ How much salt should I take per hour?
+ What is optimal PSI for race day tires?
+ How much should I kick when swimming in my wetsuit?
+ Where can I find the racing with Heart Rate information on EN?
+ What day of the week should I arrive on site at my Ironman® event?

These are all a good questions, and relevant, but any one of our many of our members can (and should) answer. They don’t have to just be in the Coach Thread...whereas questions like these are more appropriate for detailed attention:

+ I have a tight achilles and am training for Boston, how do I modify my OutSeason® plan?
+ I have a work / family trip just 14 days before my marathon! How do I adjust my taper?
+ How long does it take to qualify for 70.3® worlds?

Those questions ^above^ are worthy of significant thought and likely a good discussion - in the General Discussion forum or your personal coach Thread.  Certainly some of you can participate in ^these^ higher level discussions, but nobody wants some kind of weak “drive-by” answer. 

Conclusion

As always, nothing is permanent, but our hope is that we can continue to do a better job of keeping you connected to the people and topics that matter to you most inside Endurance Nation. 

Thanks for your support!

~ Team EN