Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

IM Lake Placid Lodging.

My first Lake Placid and don't know the area. Looking for either suggestions or someone looking to book a home to share the cost with my wife and self. 

Comments

• Options
    We managed to go through air bnb. IT was still $$$ but it worked. 
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2017 6:41PM
    Would you do it again or choose  something a little further away to save?
  • Options
    I booked with "The Haus"  I wanted to make sure I had a room.  I figured I could always change it later.  It was expensive, but it has two bedrooms and right in the middle of town.
  • Options
    It depends what you're trying to do.  If I'm by myself I will look to save money.  The year I did LP I knew my family was coming so I rented a place .25 mile from swim start.  They were able to use bathroom and take breaks throughout race day and it was extremely convenient but $$$.  Saranac  Lake is a more reasonably priced alternative.  Several teammates have stayed there in the past and have recommended it. You just have to plan ahead a little better.  You'll want to get to the race sit earlier to find parking and plan out your trips into LP for registration and bike drop-off better so that you aren't driving back and forth all weekend unless you don't mind that.
  • Options
    As Doug mentioned there are cheaper alternatives.  I typically stay in town this year my wife and 4 month old attended and were right on the course.  She came out for the swim/ bike loops but was able to watch from a balcony for the run loops which was great.  If I was staying outside of town I'd look for something on the Saranac Lake side rather than on the course if I had family as they can at least maneuver on that side of town should then need to go back.  While the course has delays with the race taking up lanes.
  • Options
    @apex - I always opt to be walking distance from the oval, there are reasonable houses available if you poke around. as a side note, we all use our real names here, which was required on our old software.. be helpful to know who you are!! unless Apex is your actual name of course :o 
  • Options
    Hey Scott, it's Ken Smith here I use that to log in will have to see why apex (old name pops up). Thanks for all the advice.