Home Announcements 🎙
Options

VOTE: 2018 Additional Half / 70.3® Selection for a Key Race

2»

Comments

• Options
    I voted Steelhead.  It's a great course and it's an easy drive (for me).  Love that lake Michigan clear blue water!  
  • Options
    I did Buffalo Springs in 2016 -- (and I am a back of packer- so don't get skeert!)!  It has a unique vibe to it, great area for RVs, campers etc, although I stayed in an inexpensive hotel.  Pretty West Texas scenery, good course for bike handling skills, hilly run, but cool lake.  I drove about 7 hours west and lost count of the tumbleweed.  Right before town, stopped at a hole in the wall restaurant/gas station for the best BBQ sandwich.  We have some fast triathletes from our area that go to it and one is at Worlds right now...Galveston 70.3 (five hours south) is also very popular here, as in "everybody" wants to go it!  and with the state having an Ironman as well, and Austin 70.3.?!....I should prolly just tour TEXAS!  y'all come on down...
  • Options
    KEY RACE= Buffalo Springs over Austin.  The top three EN choices, (just don't wanna shlep/travel to them!!)  but Raleigh would be choice if I were...but there will be more people locally from my area that will go to Buffalo Springs, so makes sense to enjoy local camaraderie as well as EN vibe!  
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the insight on Buffalo Springs @ironmarianne ! I love Texas BBQ! I am very likely to do Austin 70.3, because Austin is my 2nd home (all my family lives there). I may do Buffalo Springs as well.
  • Options
    Carol and I vote for Steehead! Did it this year, loved it. Great course, area and people! Also very well run. Guess that's why they've been around 15 years!
  • Options
    I'm with @Al Truscott, let's do a West Coast race. Coeur d'Alene, Calgary, or Whistler would be good. Actually, I like all of Al's suggestions.  Victoria would be good too. 
  • Options
    I'm with @Al Truscott, let's do a West Coast race. Coeur d'Alene, Calgary, or Whistler would be good. Actually, I like all of Al's suggestions.  Victoria would be good too. 
    I could definitely be talked into Coeur d'Alene even if it isn't a key race! We could always rally for an unofficial West Coast key race. I'm a little nervous about being enticed to descend mountains quickly on my TT bike because of the increased risk of a serious crash. But hopefully I'll be able to spend some time in the mountains in early June for training (I'm trying to get out of research this summer). If I do register for Coeur d'Alene as my 6/24/18 race, I'm hoping to spend the last two big volume weeks in the Boulder/Denver area staying with friends, and maybe stay in the area (or in Idaho) for the 2 weeks of taper. I'd be driving over. So if anyone is over there & wants to train in June, I'll keep you posted!
  • Options
    @Larry Peters - the "hills" in CDA are NOT steep, and more important, not technical - the drops are straight, no real curves. As a matter of fact, even though I have been descending like a grandmother since I turned 60, I hit my highest speed in the last ten years on that course in '14 - low 40s for the first time this century.
  • Options
    Awesome, that is great news!! Thanks @Al Truscott !! That sounds like a lot of fun (flying down a long straight hill on my TT bike). Glad to know they aren't steep and are relatively straight. Ha! Awesome that you got to break the 40 mph barrier! That is a lot of fun!

• Options
    Another vote for Coeur D'Alene here.  I'm already registered for it and would love to have a bunch of EN team members there.
  • Options
    DANG! Tier 1 pricing for Steelhead 70.3 already sold out! They sent me a warning email earlier today, and I already missed it! :/
  • Options
    Whistler 

I'm now signed up for Steelhead. Yay!

• Options
    DANG! Tier 1 pricing for Steelhead 70.3 already sold out! They sent me a warning email earlier today, and I already missed it! :/
    I think tier one pricing is for the first 25 slots  :o, it now has the illusion of being 25% sold out, when it is likely 1% sold out. 
  • Options
    Coeur d'Alene Tier 2 pricing is sold out! Ugh! :( I need to pull the trigger on some race reg's!! 

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman-70.3/coeur-d-alene/register.aspx#axzz4ugCMY7B9
  • Options
    I just registered for Steelhead 70.3 (2018)! They said Tier 2 is about to sell out. Fire up!
  • Options
    I'm now officially registered for 2018 Coeur d'Alene 70.3! I know several of you said you were doing it too! :) Sweet!