Home Coach*EN 🔒
Options

Michael Kelly Official Coach Thread

@michael kelly - Congrats on the race and the 2' personal best. :smile:  That swim truly sucked, and since IMMT is a harder course by a factor of 5 over Louisville I can honestly say "YOU DONE GOOD!"

We do need to work on the 5 hour marathon, however, so I am glad to see you want to keep things rolling. 

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply. 

Your Races

• 11/23/2017 - Run for the Diamonds 10k (C)

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one).  You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 09/01/2017 
  • Finish up the Post-Ironman Recovery Plan by 9/17/2017
  • On 9/18 Load the -- Run Durability 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 10/15/2017
  • On 10/16 Load the Intermediate Run Focus Block to end on 11/26/2017
  • On 11/27 Load the -- Run Durability 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/24/2017
  • On 1/8 Load the Intermediate OutSeason / Run Durability Plan, 14wks to end on 4/15/2017

Coach Notes

First you need to recover from IMMT...the recovery plan will have you swim / bike and running as of Monday as you are in Week three. Please keep that rolling!

Then we can combine Run Durbability 2 and our Run Focus program to get you "fit" first, then "fast" second into your 10k. We continue the run build through the RDP 3 plan which dumps you out in the middle of the Holiday Run Challenge (GO TEAM!) and then into the January OutSeason®. 

Being able to stay consistent now is a game changer...even if you don't hit all the runs, just being "good" here will really help set the stage for a better 2018! 

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options

@MICHAEL KELLY

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply. 

Coach Notes

The best play for you right now is getting you back on a basic program; Run Durability Program (RDP)  is designed to do just that. I Have loaded the two RDP plans and the OutSeason® plan into your Final Surge account. Now you just need to get the app (https://www.finalsurge.com/apps) on your phone and sync up Strava or Garmin (https://www.finalsurge.com/GarminConnectSync) so I can start following our work. Looking forward to our call!!!

Your Races

• Ironman 70.3 Eagleman (2019-06-09) 

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 09/18/2018
    • On 9/17/2018 Load the -- Run Durability 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 10/14/2018
    • On 10/15/2018 Load the -- Run Durability 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/11/2018
    • On 10/29/2018 Load the Beginner OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 02/03/2019
    • On 2/4/2019 Load the Swim Camp to end on 02/17/2019
    • On 2/18/2019 Load the Beginner EN*Half Run Fccused to end on 6/9/2019
    • On 6/10/2019 Load the Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 06/23/2019

Your Notes

MY LAST RACE WAS IRONMAN MONT TREMBLANT 2017.I FINISHED IT IN 13:10 OR ABOUT THAT. I TOOK A YEAR OFF AFTER THAT. I WAS A MEMBER OF ENDURANCE NATION FOR 4 YEARS BEFORE I TOOK MY YEAR OFF AND HAVE DONE 1 70.3 A YEAR FOR THOSE 4 YEARS. I HAVE DONE RALEIGH 70.3 TWICE, SYRACUSE 70.3, ATLANTIC CITY 70.3 NO INJURIES AT ALL. MY A RACE IS ENGLEMAN 70.3. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO BREAK 6 HOURS. MY BEST 70.3 WAS RALEIGH 6:14 I HAVEN'T BEEN VERY CONSITENT WITH MY WORKOUTS. THATS WHY I RESIGNED UP WITH E.N. I TRY TO RUN 3 TIMES A WEEK WITH A LITTLE LONGER RUN ON THE WEEKEND. AGAIN NOT REAL CONSITENT. I ACTUALLY HAVEN'T BEEN ON MY BIKE OR IN THE POOL SINCE MY IRONMAN. I REALLY TOOK SOME TIME OFF. READY TO GET BACK TO WORK.

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

@MICHAEL KELLY - Great to talk with you today...here are some notes for you...

• Six weeks is the deadline - so mark your calendar For this first "finish line" of your training. IF we start on the 17th, my guess is 10/29..just in time to celebrate with some Halloween candy! 🎃
    • Let's set up Final Surge to connect to your Garmin account or Strava (not both) so I can see your workouts fill in: https://www.finalsurge.com/GarminConnectSync
    • https://zwift.com/hardware#ready Is where you can sort out your trainer type and then under "SET" you can see how to connect it all.
    • GroupMe EN Zwift Chat is the online chat I mentioned...I am adding you to it by your phone but theres the link either way.
    • I have updated your plan to account for your trip to Austin...remember Tim Sullivan is the one you should look up. Hopefully you get a cool run or two around Lady Bird Lake!

Looking forward to a great October!!!

~ Coach P

This discussion has been closed.