Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Colorado 2018 Boulder Acclimation Camp

What: Week-long camp for either folks wanting to acclimate for Boulder IM, EN Key Race 6-11-18, OR get the Al T 'Tude camp experience in the Colorado Rockies, led by @Al Truscott
Time: Memorial Day Weekend to Saturday, June 2
Lodging: Either in my home ($150 for the week) or nearby condos ($100-200/night)
Bike: Yes, Run: Yes, Swim: Yes!  
Spouse Activities: Yes;  I can accommodate three couples or up to 12 singles in my house
Airport: Denver, CO (DEN, 4 hour drive) or Aspen, CO (ASE, 10 minute drive)

Current Status as of 09/3/2017: 0 Signed Up
  • Roster will go here as folks sign up.
A Few Notables:
  • This camp will immediately precede the already scheduled Al T 'Tude Bad Ass Camp. That one is full; I'll be posting a thread here asking for wait listers for that week.
  • If you're doing Ironman Boulder, and want to spend two weeks at altitude to more fully acclimate prior to the race, this camp is for you. One week in the amazing Elk/Sawatch mountains surrounding Aspen, with all the cuisine and culture that implies. You can start your taper here, riding in jaw-dropping scenery, swimming in one of two near-by pools, and running at lower elevations, all while sharing your anxiety with EN team-mates.
  • Or, if you're not doing the race, but still want to get in a week of intense riding in the mountains, this is your chance. All the iconic Bad Ass rides are open to you: Independence Pass, Maroon Bells... a perfect volume pop for mid-summer IMs such as Lake Placid or Whistler, or July/August 70.3s. You can also lay down some KOMs for the Bad-Assers to aim for the following week.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    @Al Truscott I just registered for Boulder. Is this camp still a thing?
  • Options
    @Doug Sutherland I will be in Snowmass from May 21. You are welcome to come here, taper and build RBC's during the time frame described above. Hopefully, others will join you, but I'll be here riding, running, swimming, and sunning no matter what.

There is also a newly formed Facebook group for announcements and questions:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlTTude2018/
  • Options
    @Al Truscott
    I just saw this thread. If I can get my running up in the next two months (rehabbing injuries) I may jump in. This sounds fabulous!! 
  • Options
    @Al Truscott,
    Unfortunately it's not in my budget for the extra trip out there (from NY) but am curious about the condos you have listed for $100-$200.  I'm still looking for a place to stay while we are out there for the race.  Do you have any information you would mind sharing with me on that?
  • Options
    @Al Truscott
    I just saw this thread. If I can get my running up in the next two months (rehabbing injuries) I may jump in. This sounds fabulous!! 
    @Sheila Leard I’m currently out of the country, and this almost slipped thru the cracks as I travel....

I will be in CO from about 5-20 onwards. I do,plan on hosting those who want to train with me @altitude the week of May 26-June 1, either to get an extra week of acclimation before IM Boulder, or just to s/b/r with teammates in our beautiful mountain valley. As time gets closer, I’ll keep circling back to this thread.
  • Options
    @Al Truscott,
    Unfortunately it's not in my budget for the extra trip out there (from NY) but am curious about the condos you have listed for $100-$200.  I'm still looking for a place to stay while we are out there for the race.  Do you have any information you would mind sharing with me on that?
    @jeff cornick... Congratulations on punching your ticket @ Rev 70.3 You guys are hard core.

To be clear, what I’m describing is an opportunity to have a “free” ($150 for house expenses) week at my house training in the mountain valleys surrounding Aspen, which is 3000’ higher than and 4 hours drive across the Continental Divide from Boulder. The idea is come do final training with me and others the second to last week before IMB, then head over the Divide and be in Boulder that last week. 

The condos I was referring to are in my town of Snowmass Village (just outside Aspen), not in Boulder.
  • Options
    Ah, I understand...sorry for the confusion! :)