Home General Training Discussions
Options

Your Zipp 808s with G3 Powertap Hub Could Win a Trip to Kona with Coach Patrick!

I am headed to the Big Island on 10/6 to rip up the bike course and I am in the hunt for some gear...specifically deep rim wheels with  a power tap rear hub. 

Short story:
  • I will need the wheels likely 10/1 to 10/21. 
  • I will pay for all shipping.
  • Your wheels will have fun, I promise. 
  • Gift coming to you from the Big Island.
  • Plenty of good karma.
To enter your wheels in this lottery, simply reply to this thread. 

Thanks!!!!  :wink:

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options
    edited September 7, 2017 12:01AM
    Got a Flo 90 carbon clincher front I could transport for free (will toss on my bike before dropping it at TBT) if you can only find a rear wheel. I'm flying with a pair for 404's. 
  • Options
    I have an 808 front that I am not planning on using for IMKY, I also have a an 808 rear that will be available if I pop on another wheel for transport (using disc for the race)
    the 808 rear does NOT have a powertap in it... can you borros P1 pedals from someone? (not mine :-) )
  • Options
    I can put a FC 808 PT rear into the mix.
  • Options
    I have a set of Enve System 8.9s with G3 powertap.  Front is 80mm and rear is 90mm.  But they are 10 speed and I have no idea what adapter is needed to run 11 speed on them.  I'll be using the wheels in Augusta 70.3 on 24 Sep but can ship that week.  Need them back before MiamiMan HIM on 12 Nov.  
  • Options
    I can loan you my 808 Firecrest front and back with power tap hub. Not G3 but generation just before that. Works great. 
  • Options
    Looks like you have it covered.  If necessary, I have a front 808 and a rear 808 with a previous generation powertap (but rebuilt G3 internals) you could use.  I think I caught them wearing an hawaiian shirt and playing a ukelele recently. 
  • Options
    Just in case as backup I have S80 with Powertap hub....let me know....requires free coffee at Blue Kangaroo...
  • Options
    Laura Becker has my extra set of 808s with powertap hub version prior to G3 but updated software.  If you want to get them from her prior to them leaving New England it is fine with me.  I believe the hub is 10 speed.
  • Options
    @Dave Tallo - is your 808 rear an 11 speed cassette? The older "GS"  PT hubs that are 10spd need a special tool that I want to avoid...

So ideally 11spd GS or G3 Power Tap Read of 808 depth...

@Robert Sabo After much back and forth your wheels are in second place...they are 10spd but I'd need to buy an adapter to make them 11spd ...apparently GS hubs required a DT Swiss free hub body vs the drop-in / dead-simple shimano free hub body I already have.

@Dave Tallo I'll stand by...
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2017 1:34PM

@CoachPatrick ... sorry.  It's a 10 speed, special tool required. 

• Options
    @Dave Tallo if it's a G3, I can use it. If it's an older GS (which I think you are saying) I have no luck...lemmeno...
  • Options
    Mine is 11 speed.  
  • Options
    @Paul Hough  Since your PT is a G3, the free hub body should be easily swapped out using this part (which I have and use now)....here's the video so you can eyeball / confirm the free hub body just pulls off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5F56lmd9mE

Please let me know, thanks!
  • Options
    @Coach Patrick  - yeah, pretty sure it pulls off, because once I thought I broke it when it started to slip off while I was changing the battery.  BTW, I just replaced the battery before I went to Penticton so no need to worry about that.  I assume you have the 11 speed hub body to switch out and want the wheels if it checks out? 

I will post back tonight after I check. 

• Options
    @Paul Hough That's the one...I did the same thing!!!!  :D  I do have the 11spd on my PT right now...so perfect...standing by...
  • Options
    I do have an 808 front wheel, though it looks like that is not a concern.  I don't have the rear you are looking for unfortunately.  If you want the front, let me know.  I don't really need it for Zwift!
  • Options

@CoachPatrick - After checking, and little did I know, but I already have the 11 speed free hub on my wheel and have been using that little black spacer since my BMC is 10 speed.  Augusta 70.3 is 24 August and I'll be back in Tampa on the 25th.  Can get the wheels shipped NLT 26-27 Sep.  Send address and instructions on how to get the wheels to you.  FYI - I do have a wheel box, but it is for a single.  Any chance Mariah will be at Augusta ... she could take them there if that helps speed transit to Kona.

• Options
    @Coach Patrick ... Sorry, mate.   Mine is the older, pre-G3 powertap.
  • Options
    @Paul Hough I bet your local shop has another box..you are a regular customer I bet!!!! If note you can rig one up from Home Depot boxes, but that's not ideal. 

Address is:

Patrick McCrann
    4 Woodford Rd
    Barrington, RI 02806

Please send without a signature requirement. 

Please send to arrive Friday (2 day) and we can go from there. Again, I will reimburse you for sure!

No @Mariah Bridges In Augusta, sorry!

~ Coach P
  • Options
    Coach, I'll check on boxes next week.  NOTHING is open here until Tuesday at the earliest...gotta wait for Irma to pass and clean up to begin.
  • Options
    BTW, any preference between FEDEX or UPS?
  • Options
    @Paul Hough - holy shit, I forgot!!! Keep your head down, son! Let us know what we can do to help.  :o

I prefer FedEx if possible...thanks man!
  • Options
    @Coach Patrick - everything good here...just downed trees and stripped vegetation around the neighborhood.   I assume you don't need my skewers.  I'll send FEDEX with good tires and latex tubes w extenders already on unless you prefer different ... and I'll let you know when they go out
  • Options
    @Paul Hough That's perfect...thank you thank you thank you....
  • Options
    I have a 808 G3 PT built by wheelbuilder and 404 front coach. I will be at IM Chatt and could give you them after the race if you like.
  • Options
    I have 808 G3 powertap cc and noth 404 and 808 front cc.
  • Options
    @apex @Jubal Dais thank you both so much. I think @Paul Hough has me all set. 
  • Options
    @Coach Patrick, yes wheels will be shipped out tomorrow.  I would guess about 400 miles on the tires.  Hadn't ridden that bike since Penticton and found a gash on the rear tire before Augusta bike check in.  I filled it w super glue.  Also, thought the rear was leaking and it turned out to be the valve core, but there was a weak spot on the tube so I installed a new latex tube and extender core.  Woeked fine yesterday ... Got a slot ... but be sure to tighten the valve closed after filling w air.  I will keep the 10 speed ring with me since you are running 11 speed.  These are fine wheels from wheel builder ... you will like them.  Coming in two separate wheel boxes.
  • Options

@CoachPatrick - are you saying you want them Friday?  If I send tomorrow on 2 day is Thursday too early for you???