Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Chattanooga
Options

2018 IMChattanooga Roll Call - 9 months until the big day - Who's In?

edited December 6, 2017 3:31PM in Ironman Chattanooga

Who’s in for 2018? If so, what made you decide to sign up?  A race report from a team-mate? You had this bad boy on your bucket list? Enquiring minds want to know.

Let's hear it, folks!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Not for 2018 Brenda but only due to summer scheduling; I am in for IMLP in July 18 and then some family vacation time in August which does not sit well with a September IM. I loved Chattanooga this year, definitely on my list for a future year maybe 2019
  • Options
    Ok.  I'm in.  $650 almost seemed like a steal for VIP early-bird entry (compared to 1k for Kona).  The VIP email and registration site quite clearly say September 23, 2018 is race day, but the IM website quite clearly says September 30.  Way to keep it classy and professional, WTC!  As a true type-A tri geek, I reserved a room at the Westin for both weekends.  Hopefully, the real date will be set before next fall.
  • Options
    Im in!! I need to pay more attention, I just saw the 30th. Hopefully we can figure this out soon so I can book a room
  • Options
    I'm in. Had a bad race on Sunday and want to redeem myself!
  • Options
    I'm in, after a four year absence (sabbatical) from long distance triathlon.
  • Options
    I'm in.  It's only 2 hours away from home.  Back to racing mountain courses!!!  I'm technically local so willing to help the team out.  Let me know if anyone needs anything.  
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2017 9:48PM
    3 strikes your out or 3rd times a charm. I’m hoping for the latter. Love this course and Chattanooga, always a blast with the Team. We will miss you @Mariah Bridges

@Ed Aponte I'm only 3 away, maybe we can meet up for a course ride July/August
  • Options
    I live in Chatt and this will be the first year I won't be doing it.  Just needed a break from the course as Im on it all the time.  Look forward to meeting up with some EN'ers.
  • Options
    @Josh Church  I'm in.  Let's plan that out for the summer.  I plan on riding out there and getting to know the course.  I supported my best friend through it last year so I have some knowledge of it but not first hand.  

Enjoy the OutSeason!
  • Options
    I'm in. 5th IM. First IMCHOO. Staying at the Westin. Bringing my wife, one year old son, and my golf clubs. Lets do this!
  • Options
    @Kyle Kolquist are the golf clubs for good luck or are you playing a quick 9 after bike drop-off? 
  • Options
    Sweeten's Cove is a must play and its just down the road! Perfect addition to the racecation! Join me!
  • Options
    Hi! Anyone planning on riding the course in July or August? Or know of a camp? I'm in FL, but I'd make the drive to check it out.
  • Options
    @Christina Mitchell I haven't seen any local camps yet but will keep my ears open.  I hate riding the course unless in a group, the North Georgia folk don't enjoy cyclists on their roads.
  • Options
    I second the hostility of the Georgia part. Even in the 2016 race drivers were crowding the course pretty bad. I actually have better luck riding during the week. The weekends seem to be crowded all day. If I make it down this year I’m riding Thursday and Friday.

Sent from my iPhone
  • Options
    Hi folks - so I wasn’t planning on Chattanooga again this year but now.... I’m in! See you all in September 
  • Options
    @Julian Cass gonna be well prepared for the run with your current run streak! Glad to have you again.
  • Options

Thanks Josh! Looking forward to being there and racing with you again. Kona is in your future for sure

• Options
    Hey gang, just wanted to let you know I’m heading to Chattanooga to do camp week on 23 and 24. Staying at the crash pad. Anyone is welcome to join. 
  • Options

Awesome stuff you are supporting @Simon Shurey Hope to catch you on course and I’ll be keeping up with you during Maryland race.

• Options

Hey Team,

Sorry I've been AWOL. As @Josh Church knows, I've been dealing with a nagging hamstring issue since May (too old to run trail marathons or too stupid not to race it). It doesn't bother me when I jog or spin on the bike, but anything sub-8 running or FTP+ on the bike, it flares up. So, I've been jogging and spinning most of the summer. When the transfer date arrived a few weeks ago, I was going to transfer to a winter race (Coz was leading contender). But decided against it. Choo or Bust. If I could get through Week 17 feeling good, post a decent long run and log 50 or so miles, then I would race. Week 17 went according to plan, so here I am. Of course, I've been tired and super busy at work this week, now in my bunker riding out a stupid hurricane.

This will be the first Ironman I've ever started with a CTL below 100, and it's a lot below 100 (think 70's). But my run volume and run CTL are near peak levels, my watts aren't too bad, and I've logged enough 80-mile rides to give me the confidence I can ride these 116 (the course if pretty fast and not overly difficult, despite the net gain). The swim will be a challenge because I have zero speed, strength or fitness. But it's downstream. I had no swim fitness in May for Choo 70.3 and still went 23:xx. So, my short plan will be to carefully get to T2 intact, then start racing (I can't help myself). Longer race plan will be drafted and posted next week.

I love the fact that I get to race with Josh and @Julian Cass again. Last time I raced with Julian, I had a pretty good result, so I'm hoping that either he and/or his cheering wife are good luck again.

MR

• Options

@Mike Roberts - your post sounds a lot like @Jeremy Behler 's pre LP post...

I will take your technique strong swim over any one else's fitness strong swim any day of the week and twice on Sundays... and the race is on a Sunday!

I predict that you will place top 3 in AG!

• Options

I was getting nervous over here @Mike Roberts watching Strava I knew you were giving it a go but I wasn’t sure. I’m super pumped now! It WILL be a good day. Your totally right, bike course shouldn’t hurt u and swim will be much faster than mine. Just run 805 and you will be golden lol.

Everyone on get on GroupMe so we can have a meal or something together during race week.

• Options

Maybe I should post this somewhere else, but is there a place to explain what my fitness plots should look like? I'm actually still debating on whether or not to sign up. Since mid-August, I've been lacking motivation, but I'm still doing most of the work, so I'm thinking about just going ahead and doing it. I never really paid attention to these plots, but now my running one is really scaring me - I didn't realize how I was sliding down...

• Options

@Christina Mitchell good place would be in your coaches thread with a reach out to Coach Patrick

• Options

For all those coming to town in a couple weeks, I am not racing and can help you with anything you may need while in town. I am NOT @JeremyBehler , but can try to mimic his awesomeness at IMWisconsin as super sherpa supreme. Even if just for eating or grocery recs, or forgot important race gear hit me up I can help or direct you to help in town. I will try to get on the groupMe you guys can text me there.

• Options

Yeah I can do whatever you guys need @Josh Church