Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

EN OS Run Challenge....who is in?

edited September 29, 2017 2:32PM in Community Forum 🏠
Two years ago, in prep for my pre-Kona OS I did a run challenge where I ran at least 5K every day for 100 straight days.   Here's a write up I did ex-post.  https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/20480/100-day-challenge-what-i-learned

Based on the results and my quest to KQ in 2018 at IMLP I plan to do a similar challenge again and invite/challenge anyone who is interested to join.   This year I will focus on at least 2 miles per day to make it easier to work in those runs when you have really crazy days (yes...one mile CAN make a difference.   I remember doing some runs within 30 minutes of the day ending!!)

Details:  
  • Run 2 miles every single day for 100 straight days.   
  • Join the Strava group here  https://www.strava.com/clubs/ENRSC
  • Name your runs using the following naming convention : ENRSC X / YYY where X is the number of days consecutive running and YYY is the cumulative mileage. 
  • For indoor/treadmill runs....pics or it didn't happen!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Consistency of run training is always an issue. Two years ago I did a 28 day challenge. So, this raises that challenge 4 time. I'm hoping it raises the VDOT.
  • Options
    VERY excited for this, exactly what we all need, also like the start date as that will coincide with the Hoff Holiday weight loss/maintenance challenge!
  • Options
    I'm on day 28 already. I'm doing it primarily for injury prevention and to build endurance. I did two hikes in the mountains last two weeks, and counted them as runs, since my legs felt appropriately trashed.

I'm leery of anything less that 5k, as im not doing any long stuff @present. I'd like to get minimum 25 mpw.  But one day on the road, all I had was motel treadmill, stuck @ 3% grade. 2 miles was all I managed. So glad for that as emergency distance last option.
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2017 3:29PM
    I remember 2 years ago, as we both were doing a similar (if not the same) run challenge at the same time. I loved doing it then, so I am in this time as well.  If I recall, I ended up running more overall miles than you JB :). Just a bit of friendly competition!
  • Options
     Start date is Nov. OS?
  • Options

I ran 75 strait days starting on Jan. 1st in 2017.

I made great improvements in my running this year have to credit that early season consistency as one of the biggest factors. Consistency is the key. None of the running during this period needs to be "fast".  

• Options
    Run jesus, thank you for this challenge. I was not going to sign up for this until you referenced the 2nd best movie of all time on Stava, which I simply cannot pass on. So I am in.

But, as the Beer Jesus, I am going to use this challenge to justify my annual winter beer consumption, and will post my own libation sermon regularly

• Options
    Okay I joined.  Thanks for restarting the challenge!  should be interesting just to see the different places where we run!  yesterday's high was 90, this was mid morning, and I was already getting hot!  E. TX where these are a common sight....
  • Options
    I'm in as this was already in my winter training plan. I had outstanding results a few years ago when I did a ~380 day running streak while setting PRs in the 5K, 10M, HM, full marathon, and IM marathon (at IMLP). 
    I recommend following the OS plan and add a 2 mile Z1 run to Monday and Friday...call it active recovery.
  • Options
    I joined but I've already started my streak. Doing the OS RDP and mentioned on the GroupMe thread that once again (mostly bc of a leg injury earlier this year), I wasn't on track to hit 1000 mi for the year (280 mi to go). Coach P challenged me to get it done by year's end and he'll make a donation to a charity of my choice (IronHeart Foundation). A few other fantastic EN'ers threw in with donations. To further motivate myself, I'm adding a 100 day streak (which will end Jan, 5th) and I'll throw in $100 with the other donations. Excited to see that so many of you got a good fitness and speed boost from past run streaks--hoping it will also make me a little more run bullet-proof.
  • Options
    You know "I Gotta" it's like a train wreck yah have to watch.

• Options
    I'm in. Will be doing Jan OS though
  • Options
    Tempting but I am going to have to pass since I have a HIM on 12 November with no run planned the day before and several off days after.  
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2017 2:39PM
    In...just not sure when!  I am in run jail right now.  Depending on when I get my get out of jail free card, I will be in.  I could be out for 5 weeks from now, so only time will tell.  Fingers crossed for joining sooner than later!