Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

2017 IM Louisville- Week 19- Admin info and THE BOX

THE BOX WEEK 19

You are ALMOST there. SO many questions and so much to think about- The biggest thing to remember is that you are TRAINED and ready to EXECUTE this race.  Your MIND and ATTITUDE play a huge part in this….SO lets keep our AWESOMENESS GOING!!!!

buddhajpg

1. * TEAM DINNER: There will not be an official team dinner. However- this amazing group has organized a get together...RSVP here            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GI6nBHNmsdwksqcaLH_6PPNfUM2Xi1EGMWP6-4SQiac/edit#gid=0

2. Check out the IM Louisville Master Racing Page  http://members.endurancenation.us/Resources/MasterRacingPages/IronmanLouisville.asp

3. GroupMe will happen on Tuesday or Wednesday of race week, stay tuned!

Some food for thought this week…….think about YOUR box, what you learned in RR1 and RR2 and how you can keep the box as large. Remember you are not out there trying to make anything happen on race day. You are keeping that box as large as you can for as long as you can, you're focused, calm, collected and executing ninjas.

All day long you are going to race inside a box defined by what you can control. Ask yourself "What do I need to do right NOW to create the conditions for success at The Line? Is what I'm doing right now counter to this goal?

Advice: On the swim, the Box is the space your body occupies in the water: focus on your form and the rest will come. On the bike, the box is probably about one aid station long. On the run, the box begins as 2-3 aid stations long but often diminishes to "from here to the next lampost/manhole cover/mail box." Regardless:

1. Keep The Box as big as you can for as long as you can.

2. Keep in The Box only the things you can control. Let go of the rest.

3. Exercise this decision-making process inside your Box: Observe the situation, Orient yourself to a possible course of action, Decide on a course of action, Act (OODA Loop).

I'm getting SOOOO excited for you!!!

Comments

• Options
    Soooo glad that we are in taper.  Week 16 was okay after the RR in week 15.  Had to move some things around but got most it done.  Week 17 was really tough.  I think I was fatigued from the training and the travel over the weekend between weeks 16 and 17.  I also made it to a massage therapist during week 17 and it has helped tremendously with my achilles issues.  It may have taken more ou of me than I realized though.  My left calf has some pretty bad problems but they are getting better.

Week 18 was pretty good.  I got in the workouts ad have been even able to actually run some.  Moved my RR to Saturday/Sunday.  The RR on Saturday went real good.  Swam the 2.4 miles late Friday afternoon.  Rode 105 miles in 7:40 on Saturday.  it wasn't terribly fast but I made it through it and I was not totally destroyed.  Ran (jogged) 2 miles off the bike.  The first half mile was brutal but got through it and felt like I could hold the HR/pace I was at forever.  Sunday only rode a couple hours as I had ridden some extra on Saturday.  Did not run but got in a short lake swim with the 6 people from around my area that are doing this as well.

I feel really good right now.  I was a bit worried during week 17 about whether I could do this or not but Saturday proved to me that I can.  Also, the swim Sunday in the wetsuit was good as it reminded me how comfortable it can be to swim in a wetsuit with the extra flotation it provides.

I am ready.  Now to just work the taper this week and then race week next week.
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2017 1:06PM
    Went for a run last night, because my butt is too sore to ride.   ;) That was my first run in a few days that was not off a long bike.  Boy did that feel good!  I just found out I can go down to Louisville for work M-W next week.  I am looking forward to meeting you all in person and getting this thing started!
  • Options
    @Brian Hagan
    Good for you able to get there early...I am driving down on Thursday, excited to get this show on the road finally...
  • Options
    Business travel this week.  Hopefully I'll find time to write up my race plan.

I arrive in Lou on Wednesday next week.  I'm in for a ride Thursday with @Brian Hagan and @Francis Picard