Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Tim Stajkowski Official Coach Thread

Here's your personal Coach Thread, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is here to guide you through your first year on EN, so you can always come back here. 

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes.  So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply. 

Your Notes

None.

Your Races

• 04/28/18 Cannon Falls Duathlon
  • 05/20/18 Gear West Duathlon

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one).  You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 09/20/2017
  • Complete the Testing if needed, save your Bike and Run Zones to the My Zones Page.
  • On 10/2/2017 Load the -- Run Durability Plan  1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 10/29/2017
  • On 10/30/2017 Load the -- Run Durability 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/26/2017
  • On 11/27/2017 Load the -- Run Durability 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/24/2017
  • On 1/8/2018 Load the Intermediate OutSeason Plan , 14wks to end on 4/15/2018
  • On 4/16/2018 Load the -- Short Course, 20wks to end on 5/20/2018

Coach Notes

How to Train This (And Every Fall) Inside Endurance Nation    GroupMe Chat for RDP 

https://endurancenation.wistia.com/medias/rruon4qcus

Contact Points

These are all the key points in your first year where we must talk. You can schedule all calls with me for these times online here. Please remember to include your phone number.

For short or last minute questions, we recommend you use the Red Chat Icon on the main Members website
We have also organized a complete chart of the best ways to contact us online here

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach P

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Your Update

Participated in RDP, currently in JOS. I just added IMLP 70.3(my A race) to my TSR. Please advise when i should start my HIM plan. 

Your Races

• 04/28/18 Duathlon Cannon Falls
    • 05/20/18 Gear West Duathlon 
    • Ironman 70.3 Lake Placid (2018-09-09) #70.3LP_18

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one).  You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 04/06/2018
    • On 4/16/2018 Load the -- Short Course, 20wks to end on 5/20/2018
    • On 5/21/2018 Load the Intermediate Bike Focus Block to end on 7/1/2018
    • On 7/2/2018 Load the EN*Half Plan and do the L2 or L3 workouts into 9/9/2018
    • On 9/10/2018 Load the Post EN Transition Plan to end on 9/23/2018.
    • On 9/24/2018 Load the Run Durability Phase 1 Plan to end on 10/21/2018

Coach Notes

I made the updates to accommodate your Half at the end of the year. If you have questions...let me know here!!!! 

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Tim Stajkowski

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply. 

Coach Notes

I really want you to get that Shoulder checked out...if you haven't been to PT yet, it's worth a referral. We don't want to lose any range of motion / critical strength there.

As for the MCL, assuming it's not too bad, you could get away with some RockTape and following this video (I use rock tape a lot myself):

I see Run Durability Program in your future (take your sweet time building mileage with that knee!) and then the Holiday Run Challenge and a break before the January OutSeason®.

Your Races

• June 23, 2019, Mont-Tremblant 70.3 

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 10/03/2018
    • On 10/1/2018 Load the -- Plan Names to end on 10/28/2018
    • On 10/29/2018 Load the -- Run Durability for Triathletes 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/25/2018
    • On 11/26/2018 Load the -- Run Durability for Triathletes 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on  12/23/2018
    • On 1/7/2019 Load the OutSeason (Run Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on  4/14/2019
    • On 4/15/2019 Load the Intermediate EN*Half Run Fccused to end on  06/30/2019
    • On 7/1/2019 Load the -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on  7/14/2019

Your Notes

This year I've been struggling with two injuries. 1) Right knee: My MCL has been very tender since May.

2)Right shoulder: there are days when I struggle to lift my arm up above my shoulder to get my shirt on.Currently in RDP- running 5 to six times per week

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• Other Running Race 08/03/2020, BADGER 100 - 100K

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 01/27/2020
    • On 1/27/2020  Load the  -- OutSeason for Runners Plan, 14wks  to end on  5/3/2020
    • On 3/16/2020  Load the  -- UltraRun 100M, Beginner/Intermediate [20 Weeks] to end on  8/2/2020
    • On 8/5/2020  Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on  11/15/2020

Your Notes

Door County 50 mile Ultra - 12:20

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

Coach P-

Thanks for the quick turnaround on my season plan!

However, I need a little help finding the recommended plans. I clicked on the above Training Plan page and Training Plan Central page links. All I see are older plan.

Thanks,

Tim

• Options

@Tim Stajkowski

Hey Tim, I see you found the plans. I saw there was a bit on overlay in the OutSeason and Ultra plan so I cleaned that up. All those plans are loaded to your calendar now. Can I help you with anything?

Matt

EN Training Plan Coordinator

• Options

@Tim Stajkowski I got your Check-In update, and have pasted it below. This is part of our monthly process to stay connected, so thanks for filling it out!

I am curious to see how the workouts are going in your ultra quest this year? Are you planning to still DIY the event? When you have a chance, it would be great to have you link up either your Strava or your Garman to final surge so we can start processing your data. That will help me do a better job of giving you feedback. https://www.finalsurge.com/GarminConnectSync

As a reminder, Tim Stajkowski Is on the TeamEN (Coaching + Community Level) and is following the UltraRun 50M / 100K Plan, Beginner/Intermediate [16 Weeks].

His Rankings are as follows:

- Swim Fitness vs Last Month:

- Bike Fitness vs Last Month:

- Run Fitness vs Last Month: 2

- Body Comp vs Last Month: 2

Next month's focus: Run durability