Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

IMLOU Water Temp

anyone know water temp and whether things are looking wetsuit legal at IMLOU?

Comments

• Options
    Check out the Ironman Louisville Facebook Group. A ton of chatter about everything you can think of. 
    Per the FB Group, almost 100% certain to be wetsuit legal...normal water temps on race day upper 60s to low 70s. I even read that a hurricane is headed that way in the next few days.
  • Options
    @Robert Patrick
    @Derrek Sanks
    Heard the same thing.  We should be safe that it's wetsuit legal.  Now the hurricane impacts...will have to see what that brings in terms of overall weather.  At this point however, not something any of us should worry about...it will be what it is.  Let's get our head around strong execution.  ;-)

• Options
    Thanks for the responses. I've checked extended forecast for Louisville on multiple sites... not looking bad right now... I know things can change but hopefully we will have good weather.

• Options
    I am a former sailor and know enough to not look at long term weather forecasts (and not to trust any of them until within 24-36 hours) bottom line is that nate pushes through and dumps a ton of water on the Ohio River basin early in the week, dry weather for weds - sun and wet weather for the day after the race + a few days after... 
    so... we need the dry situation to delay and extend, risk is the monday wetness coming in sometime on Sunday... During the run would be ok, if we had to have it.. 

temps in the river won't go up.. think we are safe.. 

enough conversation in the FB group to drive one batty and make one crazy... don't hang out there if a newbie, lots of advice coming and unlike here at EN, you have no idea what the experience & qualifications of the writers are.