Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Arizona
Options

2017 IMAZ- ITS HERE!! Camp time!!

Week 15- Camp Week/ Race Rehearsal

Ok IM Arizona Crew- You have made it to WEEK 15! WOOHOO!! With each week comes a little more excitement for the BIG DAY! So let’s talk about this week.  This week is CAMP WEEK!!!Camp Week is the official-ification of our Ironman training weekends. It represents the intersection of race execution and volume, presenting YOU the athlete with a chance to simultaneously improve their fitness and strategy. There are FANTASTIC videos/podcast about this high volume week.  They will give IMPORTANT information sto take a few minutes to listen and watch!!

I would recommend if you have specific questions  GET THOSE IN THE FORUM NOW! Don't wait to ask  questions on Friday night for Saturday morning!

What is camp?

It's a regular training week with modifications to allow for a swim test, the 2 x 112 rides and a weekend long run.

• Thursday:  Swim Test Day

• Friday:  Race Rehearsal #1 aka 112 Mile Ride + a 1 Hour Run.  Read the full Race Rehearsal protocol here.

• Saturday:  Up to 112 Mile Ride. How far you ride on Day Two is a function of your fitness and race goals, and of course, safety. At a minimum you'll want to do 56 miles, with more advanced athletes working upwards to a full 112.

• Sunday:  Long Run according to your plan; minimum of 13 miles.

Think at the start of this week.

• What do I need this weekend to get ready. Get your equipment dialed in.

• Pacing

• Get out there and JRA - 1 hour 1.5 then to steady pace

• Fueling plan

• Run - first three miles LRP plus 30” per mile. First three miles to settle in - mark the transition and take stock of how you feel

More info here….http://members.endurancenation.us/TrainingPlan/TrainingPlanCentralPage/ENFULLPlanResources/VolumeStrategySeriesPartIV.aspx

Keep on CRUSHIN’ it Arizona Team!!! Let’s hear you!! How’s everyone doing???

Comments

• Options
    Here we go...Due to some business travel my 3 day camp starts tomorrow. I am looking forward and nervous for it. I will check in on thursday and let everyone know how it went. 
    Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    good luck @Rodney Poepping  I am taking Friday off work to do my 3 days.  Leaning towards trainer for one day due to showers and then possibly outside the next.  I have the AZ course for my computrainer...and it prepped me well for last year.  look forward to hearing your results...

• Options
    Where are all the IMAZ Peeps?  Those of you racing and not posting are missing out on what TeamEN is all about.  It is THE reason I was able to race last year.  Lets get the MOJO started.
  • Options
    AZ Peep checking in!  Did 4400 yds in pool tonight...ready for tomorrow.  Planning on VASA swim then trainer ride then run outside. CAMP READY.
  • Options
    No camp this weekend. Headed Home to Tucson.... will be lucky to get a 3-4 hr ride SUN or?  Maybe Long run SAT Have to brief a 2 star on Monday so no getting off then.  I hope to do a tweaked camp Sat-Monday the next weekend..... Thins=gs are getting stupid busy 12+ hrs 5+ days/week and draining.....

Heal/Achilles better...but.... not yet pain free despite little to no running last few weeks.  
    I did do a Local Sprint race on SAt and got 1st AG and 2nd overall :)  -Wasn't USAT sanctioned so no AG Nats qual.
    Hitting the bike frequency but keep missing pool due to it closing at 8pm.   Ordered a VASA-Erg!
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1227724698 
     1 hr testing my just above IM pace = Hr about 10 higher than Id like for IM and probably ~10 w higher than I need to push....felt like a all -day if racing pace and was a average 21mph (23mph-75%) which is faster than my plan So..... probably good with a plan to do 20mph ave at hr ~130-140 and NP at IF 72% vs today's 78%  Still haven't gotten my long 5hr rides in yet sheeesh!

• Options
    Camp week done...rough weather here in Or. lots of rain wind and even hail at one point on the bike. Times were slower than I wanted on the bike but with the weather it's no wonder. Run today felt good and I will look forward to seeing the progress in the next few weeks. Good luck everyone who starts camps today.

• Options
    Hello campers! 2 days down, 2 to go in my family modified camp. I took Thursday off from work and got in a 5:30hr 288tss trainer session around driving both kids to school (a treat for them) and a much tougher 5hr 270 tss trainer session today around driving kids to school. Now a short nap then a family night out. Tomorrow it's long run before kids sports then race rehearsal swim.
    happy with the sessions so far. Good luck all!
  • Options
    Camp will be Saturday Sunday and Monday. Working through aches and pains but will be done
  • Options
    Today was a struggle fest. Ran 1:50 in the morning. Was shooting for 2hrs but I was up against a hard cutoff due to daughter's volleyball game. Then lunch and a nap and a swim. It was supposed to be a full rr swim but I cracked at 1600m. I contemplated quitting (I've done a lot of that over the past few days but just kept stringing hundreds together till I got to the end of the hour.
    No idea what I will have left for tomorrow.