Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

2018 Ironman Louisville Roll Call - Who's In?

Yes, your legs are sore; you have blisters and rashes in places that only a post-race shower can discover; and your statement of “I’m never doing another one of these again” are all becoming a distant memory, although it has only been about 48-72hours.

Don’t act like you’re not thinking about it. Who’s in for 2018?

And for those of you lurking at home...and were inspired by your teammates...did you pull the trigger?!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I’m in and will be racing with @“Dave Glenn” and @Doug Sutherland
  • Options
    I'm in. This will be my A-race for 2018.
  • Options
    Haven't signed up yet but want to go back this year.  Raced in 2012 when it was in August and whithered on the vine.  Need to go back and try this course again.
  • Options
    I am in.  2nd trip to Louisville trying to improve on a 2015 effort that saw me finish despite a nutrition debacle.
  • Options
    I'm back to complete unfinished business from 2010 when heat index in August was 110 degrees. 
  • Options
    Just saw this forum. I'm in! My 'A' race as well!!
  • Options
    I am in as of yesterday.  Looking forward to some revenge.
  • Options
    Ok, so I've been lurking in the shadows since I signed up in Nov.....So I'm in and it will be my 'A' race as well. 
  • Options
    Hello, I'm not racing but I am the Volunteer Director for Ironman Louisville and live right off the bike course.  If anyone is coming to town to ride the course, your welcome to stay with me.  Let me know if you have any questions I did the race in August 2009 but now stick to just 70.3.  There is nothing like our finish line, ok maybe Kona but that's it!!
  • Options
    I am in!  4th time at Lou!  Kellie was very kind and had us to her house last year!
  • Options
    I am in for my first! :#
  • Options
    started program. We will see how the training goes. What's the latest date to do a half??
  • Options

So in! Traveling to Louisville for camp weekend on Thursday. Looking forward to getting some course experience and volume. Will be joined by @Jonathan Brown , and my workout hubbies @Bob Smith and John Lauchlan.

Do we have a race captain? Any plans on doing an EN dinner/gathering race week???

• Options

@Trish Marshall have a great time, gather as much info on the course as you can and let us know your thoughts.

Sadly for me, camp week looks like endless hours on Zwift.

We are getting close to race day, it’s time to build some serious mojo here. How’s everyone doing? Anyone doing their 1st, their 10th?

I will start here. I’m Jorge, live in Gig Harbor, WA (South of Seattle), AG 45-49, married, one kid. This is my 2nd year with EN, and IMLOU will be my 3rd IM. Last year did IMCA and IMAZ. Not a fast athlete but have a big Diesel engine that will take me to the finish line. Last year had all kind of injuries and surgeries before both races so I’m very happy this year has been injury free so far.

The goal for this race is execution, not very concerned about times yet. I just want to be able to follow my plan.

I will be landing on Thursday before race, looking forward to meet the team. Let’s plan for dinner or lunch before the race.

happy training

• Options

@Jorge Duque - build that mojo in the group me peeps. Link to join is here: https://groupme.com/join_group/37800155/7J2m0u

• Options

I know I'm old, but I miss the race specific forums. We have had zero chatter on the group me and I also miss being able to learn about other courses via the forums.

@Jorge Duque I will report back what the weekend was like, but I am listening to Patrick's race webinar and reading race reports a LOT between now and race day. Lots of good info to be had for sure. I had to finish a rained out ride on zwift last weekend and man was that hard.

As to me, IMKY will be IM #9 for me. I've always had gut issues (some not too bad, some severe) and hope I have a good plan for this year. I injured my foot last fall, and building the run has been slow but steady. I'm slower than I'd like, but faster than I was in January so I'll take that! This weekend looks to be stupid hot, so managing nutrition/hydration/effort will be imperative.

• Options

If there is anything I can help out with for anyone coming into town this weekend let me know. I am heading out of town on Saturday, but willing to help out if I can before that. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me.

• Options

Greetings from Scorched Earth a.k.a. north Texas. 44, 6'10, 240lbs....Avg temp since June has been 90-100, so a lot of time spent on the wahoo kikr in my own personal pain/man cave. This will be my 5th IM, been at WAR with the heat and humidity as well....Africa Hot i call it.

Anyway, would love some personal feedback about the course from anyone out there this weekend, as I'll probably be trapped on the trainer. It appears there's more climbing than Lake Placid or Chattanooga, which is of some concern but also seems steeper, another plus:) considering I'm not the fastest climber.

I did a 5hr wahoo kikr simulation of the course on Saturday where I exaggerated the distance and % of climbs (i.e. 1mi at 5% where in real life it's around .5 mi & 3-5%)...only got to mile 58, so hoping that's not the case in real-life, good hard hill training though. So again, any and all feed back is greatly welcome.

@Trishia Marshall - I feel you about being slower than I'd like, but faster than in Jan AND on the trainer....I simply call all of that Quality Suffering.

Good luck on the course and be safe.

• Options

Hi @Kellie Moran-Jones, do you have any suggestions for a restaurant for a team lunch or dinner? Probably something convenient and with a broad menu. We are thinking Thursday dinner or Friday lunch. Would be great if you and your husband could join us! Thanks!

• Options

Would love to meet up for Friday lunch. I won't leave Chattanooga until Friday am.

• Options

Is everyone on the team IMLOU GroupMe channel? We are trying to arrange a team meal there.

Your Race-Specific GroupMe Channel: https://groupme.com/join_group/37800155/7J2m0u

• Options

There are sooo many great places in Louisville. To help narrow it down I would say Doc Crows, Toast, 4th street live has a bunch, Edward Lee from Top Chef has Whiskey Dry and Milkwood. If you want to head down River Road on the course there is Captains Quarters a great place to sit out back on the river terrace if its a nice day.

Oh probably not a chance this year of catching up. If you are wearing your EN shirt I will try and catch ya!

Anyone coming who participated in 2017? I cleaned out storage and have a few finisher shirts and hats left. I will try and join the group but probably won't be able to keep up with the texts if it is an active group.

• Options

Does anyone have a video of the coaches talk about the course? And strategy?

• Options

Thank you @Alan Brown.

So the bike is packed and waiting for Fedex to pick her up. I have changed the batteries in the power meter and the back tire (too many trainer miles, well maybe not enough). I think i am ready to head to Louisville for a fun filled 5 days. Is anyone else excited and getting a little nervous?

• Options

I'll be there supporting team and friends!

• Options

I am getting excited @Jonathan Brown . I watched Coach's video last night. Finally have a plan.