Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

2018 Ironman Florida Roll Call - Who's In?

Who’s in for 2018? If so, what made you decide to sign up?  A race report from a team-mate? You had this bad boy on your bucket list foreva? Enquiring minds want to know.

Let's hear it, folks!!!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options

I am I am! 

I did IMFL as my first IM in 2012.  I finished (yay!) but was not happy at all leading up to the race due to a coach relationship.  I promptly signed up with EN the week I got back from FL or thereabouts and promptly retired from long course lol.   So here I am ready to go back to 140.6 and I am mentally ready to kick butt.

I chose FL again because I want to experience the course after solid training, and plus my local Tri Team (Fraser) is making IMFL a team race so I will have around 30-40 people there, my normal bike mechanic who knows all about the evils of my bike, and my EN peeps. 

• Options
    edited July 21, 2018 11:01AM
    Maybe signing up today....stay tuned!
    That's it.... I am in!   going to be an exciting day. 
  • Options
    I signed up. I have done IMFL the last five years. I keep telling myself that I can go faster than my first year (12:28). I like it also because it is a late season race and also for the beach/scenery.
  • Options
    I just signed up.  I entered because I got in for $0.   Yeah, you read that right.   Also I went to High School in Panama City so this is the backyard, non-destination, hometown race.  Assuming I actually race it, this will be IM #14 and IMFL #3.  My complication is that last year I signed up for the Waco 70.3 which is one week before IMFL.  And to top it off, I probably need hernia surgery.  I'll be talking to a surgeon on 30 July and see if agrees with me deferring to the end of the season.  I did IM Norway on 1 July wearing a hernia belt during the bike and plan to do the same at the 70.3 WC on 2 Sep.  If the doc doesn't think I will die between now and then, I'll be there.  I could do both Waco and IMFL as B races, but may bag Waco to save some vacation time if I need surgery.  Fingers crossed that I will be there!
  • Options

Back to slay a few ghosts of IM past. Had a breathing problem on the swim last year and beat the cutoff by 4 minutes. Couldn't make up my time on the bike and got pulled at mile 75. Training and body comp are better this year an I'm feeling pretty confident going in.

Bib #is 706

• Options

I'm in. It will be my 5th IMFL. Missed 2017 and did Lake Placid. I like Florida much better. A bit concerned about the hurricane, though.

• Options

I'm in and it's going to happen. The storm has largely spared PCB. Will be IMFL #3. I joined the Group Me app for IMFL but then it doesn't show on my Group Me list on the phone so I'm absent there.