Home General Training Discussions
Options

EN Outseason Workouts in Zwift

Hi Everyone - I recently started using Zwift via Kickr/Apple TV, so I don't use a computer.  Can I still load the pre-built OS Bike Workouts?  I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work with Apple TV.  Thanks very much for any thoughts/ideas.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Two options that I know of:
    • Load via Training Peaks, I have no experience with this, other than reading about it. Sounds restrictive and complicated, as I think you'd have to create the workout in TP anyway.
    • Use a Mac computer for zwift, then display it on your TV via AirPlay. EN workouts have already been created, and can be loaded onto your computer, then used as described in other threads/the wiki. This option also gets around the "two Bluetooth channels only" restrictions of Apple TV
    There appears to be no "create a workout" option on Apple TV, unlike on the computer...

• Options
    Thanks so much Al!
  • Options
    @joerubino - That is one of the drawbacks to Zwift and AppleTV.  Can't use custom workouts.  No way to load them.

If you have a Mac, Al's second bullet above is how I roll when I use Zwift and ATV.

If you find a better solution, lemme know.

• Options
    @Al Truscott @John Starkdespite someone building these in Zwift (thanks to whoever took the time) I went AppleTV route.  So I rebuilt the wko in Training Peaks.  Wasn’t hard to do, and after you make first couple you can start cutting/pasting and edit # of intervals and length etc.   Works like a charm now with wko of the day automatically showing up in my que on ATV.  I would totally share these files if I knew where to find them btw.
  • Options
    Here's the link to the files ... start at the main OS page here:
    http://members.endurancenation.us/TrainingPlan/TrainingPlanCentralPage.aspx#outseason

Then look on the right-side tabs.  You'll see "Bike Workouts" with both Trainer Road and Zwift
  • Options
    Jeff Horn said:
    @Al Truscott @John Starkdespite someone building these in Zwift (thanks to whoever took the time) I went AppleTV route.  So I rebuilt the wko in Training Peaks.  Wasn’t hard to do, and after you make first couple you can start cutting/pasting and edit # of intervals and length etc.   Works like a charm now with wko of the day automatically showing up in my que on ATV.  I would totally share these files if I knew where to find them btw.
    @Jeff Horn
    This is exactly what I did as well.  After I created the Zwift Workouts for the team, I was pulling my hair out trying to find a way to push them to the AppleTV.  I wasn't able to find anything, so I ended up creating them in TrainingPeaks as well.

In TrainingPeaks, you can create a "Workout Library".  From there, you can share that library out to other users of TrainingPeaks.   What I don't know is, if you change your workouts, if it will change it for the other users as well.

- Jason
  • Options
    @Jason Veith @Jeff Horn - Nice to know it works and it all worked out.  

Rock on!
  • Options
    Let me know if you figure out how to share the workout library - I created 2 in TP and it was painful, to say the least
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2018 12:48PM
    Joe Rubino, if you like riding in the erg mode, you can build any workout fairly easy in Zwift. I am not a fan of the ERG mode. For me, on days when I am a little off, the ERG workout turns into a total grind. I like to ride the workouts on a flat course and use my gears to get to the power levels within the workouts.