Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Brent Pilon Official Coach Thread

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Your Notes

I have been slacking since my marathon November 4th

I run a few times a week, 10-15 miles

gained a bit of winter weight , I'm ready to start back up full bore 

Your Races

• 04/28/2018 Cornwall Marathon BQ
  • 05/27/2018 Ottawa Marathon
  • Ironman Lake Placid (2018-07-22) #IMLP_18 

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one).  You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 01/10/2018
  • On 1/8/2018 Load the OutSeason (Run Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 4/15/2018
  • >> Transition Early << 
  • On 3/12/2018 Load the -- Marathon [Balanced], 24 Weeks to end on 4/29/2018
  • On 4/30/2018 Load the Intermediate EN*Full to end on 7/22/2018
  • On 7/23/2018 Load the -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 8/19/2018

Coach Notes

Brent, time for you to jump into the January OutSeason® right away keep that weekend run a bit long...then you'll exit in OS week 10 to go Marathon Plan for Cornwall. Then you'll be in the IM plan as part recovery / transition up to Ottawa and eventually Placid.

Let me know what you think! 

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options
    yur the boss!    sounds good to me!   if things start going off the rails I will get in touch

thank you

• Options
    @Brent Pilon

Perfect!!! When you get a chance, please update your profile picture!!!

It really helps the Team to "get to know you" a lot better. 

You can do that by following this animated GIF (below)…good luck!

• Options

@Brent Pilon

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Hey man...sorry to hear about missing the BQ line, but you are REALLLY close (not that I need to tell you that!). But it will be nice to have you tri focus for a bit....this will allow you to build up your bike and reestablish your run. Then we basically drive you through IMMT into a fall BQ run. We've had quite a few folks do well with a marathon 6 to 8 weeks after their Ironman Event...something to thing about as you dive in.

Once you are on Final Surge (under My Account, you add it, email brenda if you need help) we can get the plans in and get you rolling!

Your Races

• Ironman 70.3 Mont-Tremblant (2019-06-30) #70.3Tremblant_19
    • Ironman Mont Tremblant (2019-08-25) #IMMT_19

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on within Final Surge by clicking on the Training Plans > View My Plans. If you need help manipulating your plans in Final Surge, be sure to check out our Help Site. Remember, you can learn more about each plan and find related plan resources on the Plan Descriptions and Resources page.

• Last updated by Coach on 03/24/2019
    • On 3/4/2019  Load the    OutSeason for Triathletes (Run Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 6/9/2019
    • On 5/12/2019 Load the    EN Full Bike Focused  to end on 8/18/2019
    • On 8/19/2019 Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 9/15/2019
    • On 9/1/2019  Load the  -- Marathon [Balanced], 24 Weeks to end on TBD

Your Notes

hey Coach P

ive done 8 IMs ( 3LP,3IMMT,chatt and Wisconsin)

last fall I did the jfk50miler

I want to go sub 11 this year at IMMT

I want to do the cornwall marathon april 27th but that might be too soon I think I need 3;10 or less

I want to qualify for boston next year, last year I ran a 3;21but missed out,

ive been slacking a bit lately

getting back on track and into the swing of things

I guess I need to sign up for final surge

im doing more running than anything else and some strength training

I chose advanced because I want to go sub 11, if you think I should be 

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

hey @Coach Patrick

its @Brent Pilon writing. I guess I should take advantage of my team membership and get some guidance.

im hoping to get my power fixed on my bike this weekend and then start training.

ive got some lofty goals to do this year so ill need your professional guidance please.

here is the rough schedule.

April 25th 50k trail race pick your poison this is a fun race

May 23rd 2k,5k,10k

may 24th Marathon would like to run about a 3:20-3:30

june 23rd ironman70.3 mt-tremblant sub 5 hours

july is open as of now. will do shorter races for fun

august 23rd ironman mt-tremblant sub 11 hour goal A race

September 20th midnight moose 50 or 100km haven't decided yet

September 20th army run half marathon after running the 50km midnight moose ( maybe , this would be fun or stupid, not sure )

October 17th-18th ghost train 100 miler farthest ive run is the jfk 50miler so I just want to survive the 100 miles, have fun and do well. no goal time as of now B race

November 22nd philedelphia Marathon or the JFK 50 miler November 21st

so that's the plan. hopefully you guys can come up with a plan of attack for me.

hopefully ill get the chance to see you this summer at a race

talk to you soon coach P

• Options

@Brent Pilon -

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• April 25th 50k trail race pick your poison this is a fun race 
    • May 23rd 2k,5k,10k 
    • may 24th Marathon would like to run about a 3:20-3:30
    • june 23rd ironman70.3 mt-tremblant sub 5 hours
    • july is open as of now. will do shorter races for fun
    • august 23rd ironman mt-tremblant sub 11 hour goal A race
    • September 20th midnight moose 50 or 100km haven't decided yet 
    • September 20th army run half marathon after running the 50km midnight moose ( maybe , this would be fun or stupid, not sure )
    • October 17th-18th ghost train 100 miler farthest ive run is the jfk 50miler so I just want to survive the 100 miles, have fun and do well. no goal time as of now B race
    • November 22nd Philadelphia Marathon or the JFK 50 miler November 21st

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 03/17/2020
    • On 3/16/2020  Load the  -- 2019 Marathon, 16 Weeks to end on  5/24/2020
    • **Transition Early During Taper**
    • On 5/11/2020  Load the  -- EN Half Bike Focused, 12wks to end on  6/21/2020
    • **Transition Early**
    • On 6/1/2020  Load the  -- EN Full Bike Focused  to end on  8/23/2020
    • On 8/24/2020  Load the  -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks)  to end on  9/6/2020
    • **Transition Early**
    • On 8/31/2020  Load the  -- UltraRun 100M, Beginner/Intermediate [20 Weeks] to end on  10/18/2020
    • On 10/19/2020 Load the  -- TBD to end on  11/22/2020

Your Notes

jfk 50miler x 2hey CoachP   my current fitness level is pretty good.  im doing a lot of running and starting to swim and bike too.  ive run about 900km already this year, now its time to start swimming and biking

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P