Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Amy Ferguson Official Coach Thread

edited January 16, 2018 4:09PM in Coaching Forum 🧢

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Your Notes

Hey, hey! I've been pretty much just running for the last year after my DNF in IMChoo 2016. A sprinkle of swims and bikes but nothing to really write home about. Not totally in sloth mode but certainly not in tip top fitness. Running a half marathon in Charleston this coming weekend. 

Your Races

• Florida Gulf Coast 70.3 on May 12, 2018
  • Ironman Chattanooga (2018-09-30) #IMChatt_18 

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one).  You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 01/11/2018
  • On 1/8/2018 Load the -- Run Durability 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 2/4/2018
  • On 2/5/2018 Load the OutSeason / Run Durability Plan (L2), 14wks to end on 5/13/2018
  • >> Transition Early << 
  • On 4/9/2018 Load the Intermediate EN*Half to end on 5/13/2018
  • On 5/14/2018 Load the -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 5/27/2018
  • On 5/28/2018 Load the Intermediate Bike Focus Block, 6 Weeks to end on 7/8/2018
  • >> Transition Early << 
  • On 6/18/2018 Load the Intermediate EN*Full to end on 9/30/2018
  • On 10/1/2018 Load the -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 10/28/2018
  • On 10/29/2018 Load the -- Run Durability 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/25/2018

Coach Notes

https://endurancenation.wistia.com/medias/qaavthdy44?embedType=iframe&amp;seo=false&amp;videoWidth=400&nbsp;

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options
    Whoops! I think something went wrong. Must be user error on my part. Seems as though my first race of the season did not get translated. I have signed up for Florida Gulf Coast 70.3 on May 12. Soooo, that changes everything I would imagine yeah?
  • Options
    Arg. Yep. Stay tuned. 
  • Options
    @Amy Ferguson

Done!!! Worked in the Gulf Coast and dialed in the plan! 

Let me know what you think!

~ Patrick
  • Options

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• Rock n Roll Nashville Half Marathon 4/26/2020
    • Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga (2020-05-17) #70.3Chat_20

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on within Final Surge by clicking on the Training Plans > View My Plans. If you need help manipulating your plans in Final Surge, be sure to check out our Help Site. Remember, you can learn more about each plan and find related plan resources on the Plan Descriptions and Resources page.

•   Last updated by Coach on December 23, 2019
    • On  1/6/2020  Load the  -- OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on  4/12/2020

**Transition Early**

• On 2/23/2020  Load the  -- EN Half Bike Focused  to end on  5/17/2020
    • On 5/18/2020  Load the  -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks)  to end on  5/31/2020

Your Notes

IM's:

FL 2010

AZ 2012

Chatt 2014

Chat 2016 (DNF after bike)

70.3's:

Florida 2007

Miami Man 2007

Augusta 2009

Gulf Coast 2010

Augusta 2013

Gulf Coast 2018Have been working for the last several months on getting back on the horse. I've had an incredibly stressful year this past year and it has lent itself to 15 extra pounds. I have been shaving off the extra weight and am almost half way to my goal. Current wo's look like 2 runs, 2 bikes, 1 swim and 1 boot camp per week with long run at 70' and long bike at 90'.

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

No idea what Final Surge is, lol!

• Options
    Looks like we have some serious ground to cover! Final Surge is a training
    plan provider used by Ironman and USA Triathlon to coach athletes. Think
    Training Peaks.

We moved all of our training plans to this platform 18 months ago. It’s
    what we used to make sure you have all the workouts on your device, and the
    ability for me to view your data when needed.
  • Options

Okay, awesome, I already copied and pasted the training plans you assigned into Training Peaks 🙄

But I'll play, do I need any specific info to have access to the EN plans in Final Surge or is it just a matter of me going in and creating an account? Also, I currently have it so that my Garmin data feeds into Training Peaks and in turn feeds into MyFitnessPal. I'm assuming I will lose this integration with Final Surge, yes?

• Options
    I can set you up with an account, that’s probably the easiest way to make
    sure that you are integrated with our workouts.

The integration of your data into Final Surge works as well, you can put
    your garmin workouts into as many different places as you want.

Since we updated our tenant plans every year, and they’ve only been updated
    on Final Surge in the last 18 months, I’m concerned that you do not have
    access to our latest plans. Give me access to Final Surge will solve that.

Stay tuned!

~ Coach P
  • Options

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Your Races

• 11/7/20 Gulf Coast 70.3

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 04/15/2020
    • On 4/13/2020 Load the    Get Faster Training Plan, 10wks to end on 6/21/2020 70 [ 10 weeks ] weeks
    • On 6/22/2020 Load the    Bike Focus Block, 2019 (6wks) to end on 8/2/2020  28 [ 4 weeks ] weeks
    • **Transition Early**
    • On 7/20/2020 Load the  -- EN Half Prep Plan, 4wks to end on 8/16/2020 28 [ 4 weeks ] weeks
    • On 8/17/2020 Load the  -- EN Half Run Focused, 12wks to end on 11/8/2020 84 [ 12 weeks ] weeks
    • On 11/9/2020 Load the  -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 11/22/2020 14 [ 2 weeks ] weeks
    • On 11/23/2020 Load the  -- Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/20/2020 28 [ 4 weeks ] weeks
    • On 12/21/2020 Load the  -- Durability for Triathletes 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 1/17/2021 28 [ 4 weeks ] weeks

Your Notes

Hey P, I think I am going to try to get into the rescheduled Gulf Coast 70.3 on November 7. Can you rework my training schedule in Final Surge for that or tell me what I need to do?

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P