Home General Training Discussions
Options

How to set Garmin zones to match EN power zones?

I'm trying to set my power zones in my Garmin devices (Forerunner 935 and Edge 810) based on current FTP.  When I go to Garmin Connect under 'user settings' there's a place where I can enter my zones, but the scheme is based on 6 zones and the upper limit of one zone is also the lower limit of the next zone.  Like this:

This doesn't match up with the zones I get in the EN calculator when I enter the same FTP.  There are only 5 EN zones, and there are gaps between the zones.  

Anyone found a way to trick a Garmin unit to get power zones lined up with the EN methodology?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Garmin breaks your fitness levels down to 7 slots per above posted photo.

EN breaks it into 5 slots with very specific targeted ranges to provide you with focused training.

Unless Garmin moves to a 5 slot system and targets the exact focused range, you aren't going to be able to make the two match.

I keep it simple, I know the range I need to be in for the interval and aim for that.

Good luck!

SS

• Options
    I plug in the upper range of the zone and just remember my lower ranges. I make up a number for Garmin' s zone 6 upper range. With that said, I don't use Garmin connect or my 520 to monitor what zone I'm in or my time spent in different zones. I memorize or write down my zones and as @Shaughn Simmons said, I know my target watts for each interval. Whats more important is make sure your FTP and weight are correct.