Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Help an 11 yr old make a difference!

Learn about JT's campaign to raise money for fresh water in Haiti by watching this video:

JT aims to swim 2 miles on Thursday February 22nd, 2018.

If you want to donate to JT's Water project:
http://donate.healinghaiti.org/campaigns/jt-s-distance-swim-challenge

Here's a video from our family's Mission trip to Haiti last summer:
Withrow Family Healing Haiti trip  
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to JT tonight. Awesome sauce.
  • Options
    Good luck, slow is smooth and smooth is fast!
  • Options
    For the first time ever, my 11 yr old son JT exhibited some of his old man's stubbornness last night.  For such a new (and young) swimmer, I don't think he realized exactly how far 2 miles is in the water...   He clearly faded and slowed 2/3 of the way through it and I wondered if he would make his goal...   But then he made it to 2 miles (exhausted) and we all cheered.   He hit the wall and kept going and said he wanted to reach 2.4 miles!   They kept the pool open an extra 10 mins or so, but he picked up the pace for the last several laps and eventually made it to 2.4 miles!   It took him nearly an hour and a half, which I jokingly pointed out to him was faster than his mom has ever finished a 2.4 mile swim!   4 of his little buddies also completed the Iron distance and nearly his whole youth team (~30 kids) completed at least a mile. One girl swam a mile freestyle and then did another full mile just kicking with a kickboard which just seemed like a terrible idea to me... 

Including the swim team members cash and check donations from last night (which haven't posted to his campaign yet) he helped to raise over $6,000 which will supply over 500 Water trucks to that town in Haiti.  Thanks to everyone who supported his cause.