Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

2018 Half and Full WKOs into Zwift...a help request...

Team, looking for some help here. Young @Jason Veith Stepped up big time for the OutSeason® , but now we have Half and Full workouts to put into Zwift and I am hoping to recruit a few peeps to support the Team. 

http://zwofactory.com is a super easy builder, and I could give you the workouts in Excel format so you'd be making a "2018 ENFULL Wk 13 Wed FTP L1" then a "L2" and an "L3". 

I am thinking we do this for the FTP and the Saturday/Long ride. The ABP session might just be nicer to refer to our weekend ride(s) or challenge folks to find a group ride in the game. 

Thoughts? Volunteers? 

Thanks all,

~ Coach P
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    @Coach Patrick

If you shoot me the excel of the HIM plans I can crank out the Zwift workouts!!  

• Options
    Seems like a great idea.  I'd be glad to help.  Any interest in having another set of these as Training Peaks files?  Some of those with ATV can't load these via laptop etc.  
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2018 7:14PM
    I have attached the bike workouts as a file for Half / Full. Only run focused, as the main bike WKOS are the same, just the BF plan has extra riding (which we don't need to create in Zwift). 

@Jason Veith Please share the work...

@Jeff Horn if there's an easy way to do that, please let us know (or maybe that's your role here?) and we can get it going?

~ Patrick
  • Options
    I'm just about done with the  HIM Level 1 Bike Workouts for Zwift.  I forgot how much "fun" these are!  After I go over them one more time, I'll send them to @Coach Patrick .  He can distribute them as needed.  It shouldn't be too hard to just edit them to make them for level2 and level3.  I'll leave that up to fellow EN'ers that are in those levels!
  • Options
    Bring me up to speed, are there links available through the EN web interface to the Zwift workouts?
  • Options
    @Andy Spratley From the main EN page the Dasboard, under Resources, Select Wiki>Biking, half way down that page are the EN OS workouts for Zwift. Only for computer, not phone or tablet. Load them into Documents /Zwift/Workouts folder.
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2018 2:41AM
    Ah ha!, @Al Truscott forgot about the Wiki. Thank ya!
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2018 1:52PM
    Ok, playing around with this. Started with the Full plan and finished week 1 and downloaded the workouts. @Coach Patrick I'd like to send them to you to make sure I'm doing things correctly before I continue. How do I do that?

**Re-reading your instructions above, I just need to do FTP and Long, correct? Recovery and ABP rides are up to user to define and do based on training plan descriptions?
  • Options
    Alicia, you should be able to attach a file to a forum post here. Check out
    the icon options.

if not, please send them to my personal gmail and let me know:
    patrick.mccrann@gmail.com

Thanks!

~ Coach P
  • Options
    @Coach Patrick I sent them to your personal email. I keep getting a "file not allowed" message when I try to attach here. I sent you weeks 1 and 2.
  • Options
    Weeks 3 and 4 full plan are done. Will email when o get home from gym. 
  • Options
    Weeks 3 and 4 full plan are done. Will email when I get home from gym. 

• Options
    I'm just about done with the  HIM Level 1 Bike Workouts for Zwift.  I forgot how much "fun" these are!  After I go over them one more time, I'll send them to @Coach Patrick .  He can distribute them as needed.  It shouldn't be too hard to just edit them to make them for level2 and level3.  I'll leave that up to fellow EN'ers that are in those levels!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You are the person I have to thank for building the OS workouts in Zwift AND you live in Michigan! You ROCK @Jason Veith !! I'm in Grand Rapids, MI if you ever want to meet up for a workout! THANK YOU AGAIN! I look forward to using some of these HIM workouts in Zwift too!
  • Options
    Check it out here @John Katsoudas
  • Options
    HIM Level 1 corrections and Level 2 Zwift workouts submitted to Coach P for review.  Hopefully Level 3 plans to come early to mid next week.

• Options
    @Jason Veith you are such a rockstar! Are you doing Steelhead 70.3 or do you race/train in Grand Rapids at all? I'll have to bring you some thank you goodies!! Thank you!!! I'm doing Barry Roubaix and Great Lakes Relay, both in MI. Would love to see you at either event! We might need a teammate for Great Lakes Relay if you are interested (3 day, 10 person running relay in mid-July), please let me know!
  • Options
    The Full plans are done and submitted to @Coach Patrick Hopefully, no egregious errors or omissions.
  • Options
    The Full plans are done and submitted to @Coach Patrick Hopefully, no egregious errors or omissions.
    Nice work!!  You beat me!  I still have Level3 of the HIM plans to do.  Hoping to get them done early next week so those coming off of JanOS are ready to roll.
  • Options
    You folks are incredible!!! I have added the Half (L1, L2) and Full (L1,
    L2, L3) workouts to the respective sections of the Training Plan Central
    page (see Table of Contents on the right):
    http://members.endurancenation.us/TrainingPlan/TrainingPlanCentralPage.aspx

Please pass it on...

You all rock!!!

~ Coach P
  • Options
    Thanks @Coach Patrick and  @Jason Veith It helps to have a job where I'm sitting in front of a computer all day with some "discretionary" time here and there. If anyone notices any major errors, please let me know and I will fix and post the updated file here and in the Official Zwift Thread. And remember, you can always edit a workout by selecting it and clicking on the pencil icon to the right.
  • Options
    Same goes for the HIM workouts!!  Just let me know if you spot anything that I "spaced out" on!