Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Linda Johnson Official Coach Thread

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Your Notes

Hi, I have been currently biking indoors and swimming as I am recovering from a hip impingement, torn labrum. I did Ironman Cozumel last 2016 and placed 2nd in my age group. I would like to train for Whistler 70.3 this July 29th 2018. I have only run up to about 8 miles in distance and lay off if there is any pain. I am running about three times a week between 3 and 8 miles each time. Thanks, Linda Johnson

Your Races

Main Race:
  • Ironman 70.3 Canada (2018-07-29) #703Canada_18 

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one).  You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

Last updated by Coach on 03/07/2018

• On 2/5/2018 Load the Intermediate OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 5/13/2018
  • On 5/14/2018 Load the -- Swim Camp to end on 5/27/2018
  • On 5/21/2018 Load the Intermediate EN*Half to end on 07/29/2018
  • On 7/30/2018 Load the -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 08/12/2018
  • On 8/13/2018 Load the -- Get Faster Training Plan, 10wks to end on 10/21/2018

Coach Notes -- Watch Your Video Here

Please watch the video above so you know what I Am thinking!!!

Your hip twin on the East Coast, 

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options
    Thank You!
    I had a successful race and finished strong without any injuries!  I placed 11th out of 44 in my age group!  Dang it, I could of got top 10, but didn't want to push it too hard, as it was a scorching hot 95 degree day!! Thanks for everything! I'm going to do it again next year, and will hopefully get into the top 10!!

Linda Johnson
  • Options
    Linda!!! That is incredible! Congratulations. I hope you’re enjoying some recovery. I know that you’re super fit there’s probably some fun things you can do so don’t hesitate. Let me know you if you have any questions about adding other events this fall.
  • Options

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

Your Top Event / Race for the Season is:

• Penticton Ironman August 29, 2021

Your Second Event / Race for the Season is:

• Ironman 70.3 St. George May 1, 2021

Your Third Event / Race for the Season is:

• Capital City 1/2 Marathon May 16, 2021

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on within Final Surge by clicking on the Training Plans > View My Plans. If you need help manipulating your plans in Final Surge, be sure to check out our Help Site. Remember, you can learn more about each plan and find related plan resources on the Plan Descriptions and Resources page.

>> Last updated by Coach on INSERTDATE

• On 11/2/2020  Load the  -- Durability for Triathletes 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on  11/29/2020 27 [  4  weeks  ]
    • On 11/30/2020 Load the  -- Durability for Triathletes 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on  12/27/2020 27 [  4  weeks  ]
    • On 1/4/2021  Load the  -- OutSeason for Triathletes (Bike Focus) Plan (14wks) to end on  4/11/2021  97 [  14 weeks  ]
    • On 3/15/2021  Load the    EN Half Bike Focused (12wks)  to end on  5/2/2021  48 [  7  weeks  ]
    • On 5/3/2021  Load the  -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan All Levels (2wks)  to end on  5/16/2021  13 [  2  weeks  ]
    • On 5/17/2021  Load the  -- Bike Focus Block (6 wks)  to end on  6/27/2021  41 [  6  weeks  ]
    • On 6/14/2021  Load the  -- EN Full Bike Focused (12wks)  to end on  8/29/2021  76 [  11 weeks  ]
    • On 8/30/2021  Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan All Levels (4wks) to end on  9/26/2021  27 [  4  weeks  ]

Your Notes

Tell Us Your Background / Racing History: I have completed 4 Ironman races and around 6 1/2 Ironman races

What is Your Focus Level for this Season? Maintain My Trajectory

Give Us One Sentence That Defines Your Successful Season: Being consistent with my training and improving my fitness level along the way to maintain fitness and avoid injury in order to shine during race day.

What is Your Biggest Limiter to Success? My running. I think there is still room for me to improve even though I am getting older. I have to be cautious to avoid injury.

Anything Else We Should Know? I like to walk and run with my dog.

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P