Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Santa Rosa
Options

IM Santa Rosa.... Taper time!!

Hope you are gearing up...your big race is almost here.

Even if this isn’t your “A” race of the year, every race is a chance to walk through the mental exercise of getting ready. Ultimate Checklists are here, leave everything to a checklist so you don’t stress!

To help you out, we’ve prepared a Pre Race Week Page on the Members Site as a reference.

>> Click Here for the Pre Race Week Page

Also, make sure you are affiliated with Endurance Nation through Ironman® so we can capture your points. You can affiliate yourself with Endurance Nation by creating a profile or updating your already existing profile via Ironman.

Also time to start thinking about a team dinner or lunch! We encourage you to use GroupMe to figure out a time that would work best for all of you.  Thursday nights seem to work well! 

Now, get back to your taper!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    -40 TSB this morning...... 
  • Options
    There is a good course summary from the race director on the IM Santa Rosa Facebook page.
    He does a Facebook live video.
    Water temp is currently 63 degrees, there is a active train track on the course - they have timing mats before and after the train crossing and will subtract the time between the mats if you get stuck by the train. He points out some other nuances for the course. 
  • Options
    @Shaughn Simmons you're doing IMSR?  Awesome!!!  -40 sounds like normal for you.  What will the number be by race day?
  • Options
    @matt limbert -- you should do IMSR.  Even in Z2 training mode you'd probably still KQ
  • Options
    @Paul Curtin
    -40 definitely not normal for me.  Last 3 weeks were 20 hours, 19 hours, 24 hours......that extra 5 hours put me at -40 this week.....

I like to race somewhere between 5 and +15 TSB...... 
  • Options
    @Paul Curtin I am going to Santa Rosa. I plan to work on my pacing in the
    heat and nutrition. Thanks for the vote of confidence.