Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

Ironman Wisconsin 2018---- CHECK IN!

It is time to start race preparations! First up…..we need to do some administrative work before we let you loose in the wonderful world of training for a long course triathlon.  

The biggest change we are making this year is the GroupMe!!

You will only receive a few forum posts/emails during your training. Use the GroupMe App to check in daily/weekly with your fellow athletes. From time to time we will send you messages in the GroupMe to keep you on track. Remember to follow your Roadmap, Training plan and all you and Coach have put together.

Admin:

• On Social Media?

• Use email friend@endurancenation.us to get a friend to train with you and EN (they get 30 days FREE and a discounted rate if they join and you can earn referral bonuses)

• Nudge all current EN members that you know are racing to chime in.

GroupMe Admin:

Watch This Video on How to Navigate http://members.endurancenation.us/Community/GroupMe(TeamText).aspx

• Find and Join Your Race Group Online Here https://groupme.com/join_group/37799581/d5ZWNP

• Download the GroupMe App: iTunes Link   Google Play Store

• Keep in mind times you are messaging - we recommend nothing before 6am and nothing after 10pm

• The Mute Button is your friend! You can either use “Office Hours” to mute it during the daytime only, or you can manually mute as you see fit.

• Jump in and out of the conversation when it is convenient for you!

Training Admin:

• Charge all your swim, bike and run electronics

• Tune up your bike

• Make sure all trainers, Zwifts etc are working and you’ve tested before.

• Order the first batch of your nutrition so you can start off practicing with a bang

• Order your Endurance Nation racing and training gear

• Watch all the videos - podcasts and blogs that are attached to each week of training on the website (They are located on the right side of the training page)

• Check out our sponsors to see if there is anything you need!

• Nutrition - Make sure to review race and training fueling webinars NOW because you need to be practicing every single day from now on!

• Race Execution Pages and Checklists are here, make sure to review them

Feel free to ask your teammates questions and make some friends along the way.

OK TEAM!! Let's DO THIS!!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Any update on a potential Team Dinner?  (sorry if I missed it somewhere...)
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2018 9:28PM
    Greetings from your IMMOO 2018 super sherpa.   More details to come on the weekend but tentative plan for team activities is Friday morning swim and Friday PM team dinner.    Dinner will be somewhere near the square.

I need to have an idea on group size so please reply to this thread with the number of adults and children if you will be joining for dinner.

@Alan Brown @Brian Hagan @Danielle Santucci @Dave Barr @Jason Brandt @Jeff Horn @Kent Gavin @Laura Becker @Stephanie Weldon @Steve boer @Todd Glass
  • Options
    I will come.  I am one adult that acts like a child.
  • Options
    I'll be there and 1 extra adult (Eric Bachman racing with the EN team) will be joining me.
  • Options
    Kent Gavin and I will be there for dinner.  Just us.
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2018 11:30PM
    I am the same as @Jeff Horn one childish adult 
  • Options
    Looks like a a great group, and a  bit speedy.  I am for sure in.  My family may be there, a potential conflict just got dropped in our laps today.  Can I let you know by Wed?  Also, I think there are more EN racers coming to Wisconsin.
  • Options
    I will be there, solo.  Thanks Jeremy!
  • Options
    I will be there as will Brian Quarton.
  • Options
    I will be there
  • Options
    I'll be there Friday
  • Options

Hey @Jeremy! Thanks for organizing this. Count my husband and me in for dinner please! (2). Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Just a side note @Jeremy...Every since your impromptu confidence-building Ventum bike build session at LP Camp for me and Shelley I've branched out more into bike maintenance. This weekend I successfully learned how to disassemble, clean, and replace my cassette AND tune up/adjust the new cassette. I moved up to an 11-30 for Wisconsin just in case. The Di2 is pretty nifty in the way it smart-tunes the gears. I even learned how to micro-adjust the rear derailer. For a gal that isn't super techie I'm really finding some head-space for this bike stuff. haha. ABOUT TIME!! :). Thanks again for your generous gift of knowledge and time at camp.

Any updates on course?

• Options

I'm so proud @"Stephanie Weldon"! You've moved from novice to intermediate with those tasks!

• Options
    edited August 27, 2018 9:29PM

Looking to nail down numbers this week. So far we have 16...who am I missing?

J Behler

D. Santucci

J. Withrow

E. Bachman

J. Horn

J. Brandt

K. Gavin

S. Boer

T. Glass

A. Brown

D. Barr

B. Quarton

B. Hagan

M. Stahlkopf

S. Weldon + 1

@Todd Glass will your family be joining?

Initial restaurant was fairly expensive so now looking at an alternative. Likely $25 a person or so.

Buffet would include

Bruschetta and crostini’s

Spinach and artichoke dip with veggies

Caesar salad

Lasagna: Beef and vegetarian

Fettuccini Alfredo: Chicken or vegetables

• Options

@Jeremy Behler _ Looks my family will not arrive until 7:00 or so. Let's plan on me being solo. Thanks again for putting this together. I would offer to help, but I am pretty much useless these days.

• Options

I see at ~24+ people inside the haus doing this race in 9 days... But I have only seen ~4 IM Wisconsin race plans in the Forums! What gives?

This is literally one of the most valuable parts of the EN community. Don't be shy... I want to learn from you and I want to also help you get the most out of your day.

What say you: @Danielle Santucci @Kori Martini @Jeff Horn @Steve boer @Alan Brown @Dave Barr @Brian Quarton @Brian Hagan @Mark Stahlkopf @Stephanie Weldon @Ann Sloan @Kate Sitler @Mary Moore @Mike Drikakis @Andy Fenton @Jonathan Olson @Eric DePoto @Kathryn Scovel

• Options

That's what that rest day on Sunday is for @John Withrow . Looking forward to reading everyone's!

• Options

@John Withrow My race plan is to chill out and train for Memphis Marathon in December. I am volunteering in T1 Sunday morning and doing sherpa duties for @Brian Quarton when not running. Was going to do the race but 3 years in a row just got too draining on the mind and body. I will be wearing an EN hat in T1 and hopefully working the racks with the team bikes to cheer everyone on.

• Options

Great. we need a friendly face in T1. Looks like we have a really nice group of people racing. See you soon.

• Options

You are right @John Withrow . I need to get on it.

• Options

@Jeremy Behler at this point, myself and my wife April will be there for dinner.

@John Withrow , sorry I haven't done it yet. Yes its very valuable and I am getting it done today. Thanks for the knock on the head.

• Options

I posted my race plan. Sorry it took so long. Check it out on the race exec. page. Thanks for the push JW.

• Options

Hi everyone - Madison peep here - not doing the race but will be supporting you all on my jet ski during the swim. No news on that front right now ...

Sue

• Options

All - if you aren't on the GroupMe sign up there as all future communications from me will be via that tool

Team swim will be Friday morning at 7:30. Meet at shore near ski jumps.

After some last minute issues we are now locked on the team dinner. Please arrive at 4:45 so we can be seated at 5PM. It will be at The Avenue Club. Website Link HERE has menu and location. Given the size of our group each person will order from the menu and we can do individual checks so no need to exchange money.

Saturday everyone is on their own.

Sunday morning we will meet at 6AM for team picture at the bottom of the stairwell on the southeast corner of Monona Terrace (just west of the helix)

Monday morning breakfast at The Old Fashioned (on the Capitol) at 7:30.

I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon and squeezing in training each day but otherwise available for questions, last minute help, etc. I'll have all my bike gear and tools so should be able to help with any last minute mechanical needs.

• Options

Sorry late to the party here, but IMWI will be my first. Pretty damn excited. Kicking this thing off and now to find some accountability partners.

• Options

@Bill Colleran

I will be one of your accountability partners, that will be my first trip to IM Wisconsin. I'm new to EN so looking forward to meeting many of you in Madison in 12 weeks.

Vincent