Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida

2018 IMFL- Time to check in!!

On your mark…. Get set….WAIT!!!!!

Getting Fit is one thing. Getting Ready to Race is another. To help you out, Endurance Nation has compiled some resources here in your Race Forum to make sure you are 100% ready.

Part One: ADMIN / OVERVIEW

It is time to start race preparations! First up…..we need to do some administrative work before we let you loose in the wonderful world of training for a long course triathlon.  

The biggest change we are making this year is the GroupMe

You will only receive a few forum posts/emails during your training. Use the GroupMe App to check in daily/weekly with your fellow athletes. From time to time we will send you messages in the GroupMe to keep you on track. Remember to follow your Roadmap, Training plan and all you and Coach have put together.

Admin:

• On Social Media?

• Use email friend@endurancenation.us to get a friend to train with you and EN (they get 30 days FREE and a discounted rate if they join and you can earn referral bonuses)

• Nudge all current EN members that you know are racing to chime in.

GroupMe Admin:

Watch This Video on How to Navigate http://members.endurancenation.us/Community/GroupMe(TeamText).aspx

• Find and Join Your Race Group Online Here https://groupme.com/join_group/37800277/jViq4P

• Download the GroupMe App: iTunes Link   Google Play Store

• Keep in mind times you are messaging - we recommend nothing before 6am and nothing after 10pm

• The Mute Button is your friend! You can either use “Office Hours” to mute it during the daytime only, or you can manually mute as you see fit.

• Jump in and out of the conversation when it is convenient for you!

Training Admin:

• Charge all your swim, bike and run electronics

• Tune up your bike

• Make sure all trainers, Zwifts etc are working and you’ve tested before.

• Order the first batch of your nutrition so you can start off practicing with a bang

• Order your Endurance Nation racing and training gear

• Watch all the videos - podcasts and blogs that are attached to each week of training on the website (They are located on the right side of the training page)

• Check out our sponsors to see if there is anything you need!

• Nutrition - Make sure to review race and training fueling webinars NOW because you need to be practicing every single day from now on!

• Race Execution Pages and Checklists are here, make sure to review them

Feel free to ask your teammates questions and make some friends along the way.

OK TEAM!! Let's DO THIS!!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• @Brenda Ross  Is this the forum we go to for our weekly accountability and we post up our "3 things that worked/3 things that did not" or do we do that in the GroupMe?
  • I'm registered, but I have a hernia so it all depends.  GP cleared me for IM Norway and that was fine.  Surgeon cleared me for 70.3 WC three wks from today but wants to see me Oct 2 for another check up.  If I get the all clear I will show up as a B race.  
  • edited September 9, 2018 1:18PM

Florida Team! Let's get the mojo up. I am back from South Africa and jumped into an Ironman plan yesterday....time to 'pump up the volume'! I am 2.5 hrs into a 4+ hour trainer ride.

Share your training with the group!

• edited September 12, 2018 10:27PM

Hi @Pau

• @pauI believe that we are supposed to be posting in the Groupme app instead of the forums - at least that is what I have been doing. 

I do think that for training, I prefer the foums over the app, it is annoying have to "text" things, I would rather use my computer and be more active.  I am a little disappointed in this change as it seems to have lost the community feel - only those people in the GroupMe Group are able to see the posts - whereas here anyone can see and comment and learn.  Bummer.  I sort of am losing the "team" feel with this.

• Something weird is going on - every time I try to at someone it will no longer let me see or edit the post.  Grrr. #technology! 

• I am really far behind in training and am battling a pinched nerve right now to add to that, so I am mentally feeling defeated and scared about not being in a healthy place to have a good feeling race - I am tired of suck fests.  I had a bad run experience at IMFL in 2012 and I was really hoping to avoid that this year - so now I am just hoping that I make all the cut offs and am able to finish with a smile!  :-)

I am feeling better about my biking, but it is time that I really follow the plan from here on out - no more work travel is planned, so I am able to actually be here for more than 5 days at a time and not be jet lagged or exhausted the rest of the time.  I guess now is a better place to jump in than 4 weeks from now, right?  lol

Looking forward to following along in your journey as well!  :-D

• Hey JK, pls add me to the IMFL Group me so I can join the fun. Yes, I think the forums have lost on this switch...there was some discussion on that with Coach P this month. Meanwhile, keep plugging as best you can. I've been racing with a hernia this year and using a hernia belt over my kit in long course races on the bike.. Ha ha, bet NO ONE is doing that besides me. Seen two docs this year and next follow up is early Oct. I'm hoping I can get surgery in the off season. For now, it's full onto Panama City Beach, my hometown race!

• edited September 13, 2018 5:38PM

@"Paul Hough"  the information on the GroupMe is on the very first post above - here is the link to how to request access / join the app as unfortunately I cannot add you directly  https://groupme.com/join_group/37800277/jViq4P

See you on the app and in FL!