Home Announcements 🎙
Options

November Outseason 2018 - Starts 10/29/18

edited October 25, 2018 8:31PM in Announcements 🎙

Hey Team! The November OutSeason is starting on 10/29/18. 

Full details On the OutSeason® are available in the Admin & Announcement Forum here.

Thread Captains

Thank you @scott dinhofer for volunteering to be our Bike Captain and thank you to @Keith Shireman for volunteering to be our Run Captain.

Please email me (Brenda) at brenda@endurancenation.us if you're interested.

**Final Surge ONLY -- Upgrade Required?!**

The 2019 OutSeason® plans are the first generation of plans that will live only on the Final Surge platform. This means if you don't already have Final Surge, you won't get the plan.

New members have it automatically, older members (Signed up before July 2018) have to add a Final Surge Subscription to their EN membership.

It takes 5 minutes, and you can do it on the Maintain Account Page here. If you need help with this process, please reach out to us here.

That is about it for now folks. Bookmark this forum if you are joining the November Outeason so you can stay in the loop as information is added to this post.

Comments

• Options

Looking forward to a great group and sharing of the pain and experience together here..

• Options

Thanks for volunteering as bike captain @scott dinhofer! Looking forward to the pain and the gains!

• Options

@Brenda Ross I'll help out with the Run portion of Nov Outseason if it's still available. I think I did last year too.

• Options

Team...still looking for some help with creating the Zwift Workouts and TrainerRoad workouts for the 2019 OutSeason® ...any takers? Please reply here...benefits included! 🤣

• Options

@Coach Patrick I can create the TrainerRoad workouts.

• Options

@Scott Imlay That would be GREAT! The 2019 plans are live in Final Surge now...can you just use the Preview mode to get the details? If not I could ask for some kinds of Excel / CSV export I guess. Let me know!

Ps The "Cruise and Crush" rides for Phases 2 and 3 don't really need to be created....

• Options

@Coach Patrick should I still use your trainerroad account? Same password?

Thanks!

• Options

@Coach Patrick I created week one of the Bike Focused OS in Zwift. Do I need to save them someplace for everyone to download? Or, do they just show up for EN peeps looking for the OS tag?

• Options

@Coach Patrick if no one has stepped on Bike Focus Zwift, i will get to work on it this week. perhaps lmk the easiest way to do this in a PM, email or phone call?

• Options

I use http://zwofactory.com/ to build most of the workouts on Zwift. Once you build the template for warm-up, main set, and cool-down you can save to a .zwo, update the name, main set, etc. to the next in the progression and save again with the new name/workout, aka change a 2x8 to a 2x10. I did this for the Bike Focus plan in about 15 minutes for all the workouts (but altered the warm-up to something that works better for me).

• Options

@Patrick Hayden - did you already do this for all or one of the bike focus plans per your post THIS year?

I don't want to go repeat what you've already done..

• Options

@Coach Patrick - once we get a response from @Patrick Hayden on what he has done, I will do the bike focused workouts (all 3 levels) tonight

can you send me the spreadsheet on them via email - sdinhofer@gmail.com

• Options

@scott dinhofer I built them for the Bike Focus Block (aka the 6 week bike focus plan) vs the OS, but I will e-mail you those, so people can use them if they want as well.

• Options

@scott dinhofer I was bike captain last year for Nov-OS. Are the workouts new? I have last years loaded in Zwift. I think @Alicia Chase did the work.

• Options

@Sheila Leard the majority of the bike workouts are new.

• Options

@Coach Patrick the OutSeason plan refers to a 14-week OutSeason Swim Supplement plan that can be added from Training Plans/View My Plans. Is it there yet? I couldn't find it.

• Options

For those of you create in the workouts in ZWO factory, once you are done you can download them and send them to me via email. I will bundle up the files by level one out season run focused, level two outs season run focused etc. and put them on line where people can download them in bulk.

The swim focus plan is coming, I have to find the right place to put it.

• Options
    edited October 23, 2018 11:14PM

Nomenclature is the WKOS as to save as.....Where BF = Bike Focused. There are three WKOs per day according to each level. When done, I bundle all the L1 BF WKOs and put them in one file to download, etc.

• 2019_OS_L1_BF_Wk02_Tue
    • 2019_OS_L2_BF_Wk02_Tue
    • 2019_OS_L3_BF_Wk02_Tue

It might be easier if we split up Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays by different folks? Fore example first four weeks of RF and BF OS plans have the same BIKE WKOs....

Also, I have done Weeks 1 and 2 of the OS plan bikes....

• Options

ALL _ I started writing the Bike Focus Plan in all three levels and will finish.

I have a question on saturday ride -

MS1: ALL 15' @ Zone 2 (___watts) to get loose.

MS2: Choose Your Level

-Level 1: 60' @ Zone 3 (____watts) + 12' @ Zone 4 (238 - 251 watts). 

-Level 2: 70' @ Zone 3 (____watts) + 15' @ Zone 4 (238 - 251 watts).

-Level 3: 80' @ Zone 3 (_____ watts) + 15' @ Zone 4 (238 - 251 watts).

- Remainder: Additional time @ Zone 2 (____Watts).

Coach Notes: 

-We have no volume requirement for these Saturday rides, but recommend that you keep them in the 2 to 2.5 hour range as this is the Bike Focused OutSeason!

• Level 1 riders are welcome to stop the ride at 90' if recovery is required for the upcoming week.

• Level 3 riders are encouraged to push their time in Zone 3 (201 - 213 watts)!

HERE IS MY QUESTION

do I do this in order as written?

sooo 15' zone 2 (instead of a ramp up_

MS2 as Z3 watts for time and then a Zone 4 and then a remaining zone 2 to get the time to the overall time desired? EG, is there a little bit of authoritative license with the Level 3 instructions?

• Options

also, mynomenclature is off a bit - this is what I went with: 2019_OSBike_Lvl2_Wk03_Thrs

hopefully we can live with that since I've already gotten a few weeks done?

• Options
    edited October 24, 2018 12:22AM

@scott dinhofer When i download them, I can rename them...you can also edit/rename in your "My Workouts" tab as you save them...

@scott dinhofer @Mark Stahlkopf I added you both as editors to a Box.com folder so you can upload workouts directly there. This way you can see what is done...

I am going to do the Run Focused workouts For the bike tonight...so we should be all set.

Please keep updating here...

• Options

@scott dinhofer You can do the ramp warm up, that's okay...your call.

The Zone three would be the top number, so 85% FTP...

• Options

Ok, I will rename them, @Mark Stahlkopf no need to upload anything as I've done what you did, forgot you did it 😣

• Options

@Coach Patrick, I've been using the same nomenclature as 2018 for the TrainerRoad workouts. The first week L1 workouts, for example, are:

2019 OS Wk1 Tue L1

2019 OS Wk1 Thu L1

2019 OS Wk1 BF Sat L1

2019 OS Wk1 RF Sun L1

This is a little different than the naming convention you suggested earlier today (I assume for the Zwift workouts). Do you want me to follow the new naming convention for the trainerroad workouts, or keep it as is?

• Options

@Scott Imlay That's totally fine. I was copying the 2018 nomenclature....so this will work too...

• Options

@Coach Patrick

For the Thursday rides the work is: 2 x 15 (5) @zone3 to Zone 4 (90% FTP). I'm assuming you want us to hold at 90% FTP for the 15 minutes? Or, is anything in the high Z3- Low Z4 OK? Seems like a big range.

• Options

@Mark Stahlkopf - sorry for the confusion here's the WKO...

-Level 1: 2 x 9' (3') @ Zone 3 to Zone 4 (90% FTP).

So that means set it to 90% FTP (aka Sweet Spot).

I hope that helps!

~ Coach P

• Options
    edited October 24, 2018 3:20AM

@Mark Stahlkopf are you doing the Run focus?

@Coach Patrick I've now done the following on Bike focus

all Tuesday Workouts

Thursday workouts EXCEPT for week 6, 7, 8, 9 VO2 wkos, will get those done tomorrow along with the saturday workouts.

have a 6:30am track session

EVERYTHING i have done has been uploaded to the box account in a sub folder.

• Options

As @Sheila Leard said, I did the bike focus plans for IM last year. ZWO factory is really simple to use. Looks like I’m late to this party and people have most of it covered. Tag me here if you need me to do something.

• Options

nmorning update - BF OS

I am done with tues/thursday including redoing a few weeks of sweet spots, have saturday through week 7 done, working on the rest.