Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

IMFL Triage Coach Call

Here is the recording folks!  http://bit.ly/2ys7T9y  Thanks so much for tuning in.

As I mentioned, please feel free to keep using the GroupMe to connect with me pre race; if you are training and want to dive in more there, then you can put stuff in your Coach Thread online!

You got this!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    edited October 26, 2018 8:04PM

Sorry I missed the call. I'll be doing the Haines City race, but more in a "just wanna finish" mode. The hurricane and other life events have really disrupted my training and I'm way off the grid from my usual approach. Last weekend I was in Panama City helping clear trees and debris from my parent's home. I didn't get any tri-training done up there, but was I ever sore after two days of chainsaw work, lifting, hauling, etc.! I would much rather face a one day IM event undertrained than have to put my life back together after Hurricane Michael.

The IMFL course continues to evolve:

Swim - course is still TBD. They said earlier it would be two loops of the M dot, but they haven't published it yet and some are speculating it will become a simpler THREE loop rectangle course. Either way, it will be swam counterclockwise from the traditional route. We will start at the old exit and exit at the old start...then presumably run across the beach and do it again...just like the traditional IMFL course.

Bike - it's 2 loops of the 70.3 course. But after completing the main loop the first time you will NOT take the stick back to the transition area but continue straight to do the second loop, then take the stick in to the finish. To make up for not doing the stick after loop 1, they've added a small out and back section at the bottom of the loop to bring it back to 112 miles. Note to sherpas - once the athlete leaves on the bike route you will not see them again at Lake Eva park until they are finished. If you want to see them on the bike, then you will need to drive out somewhere on the course.

Run - there is a long out and back, then 3 loops run counterclockwise from the traditional route. This will give us a more gentle climb up the back side and then two sharp downhills that were the big uphills on the 70.3 course. A lot of extra turns, small circles and short out and backs have been added to bring the distance up. It is a complicated route with at least 15 cone turns. I hope they have a lot of volunteers to direct folks and timing mats to make sure no one cuts all those out and backs.