Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

2018 Ironman Florida Race Day Thread

Hi Team, are you ready to give your teammates some serious mojo for this coming weekend? This thread is to be used leading up to the race and on race day for the team to comment on race conditions, observations on how our team is doing during their races, or just to provide some mojo on race day. Listed below are the members that are racing and a link to the IM Tracker. We are no longer having an EN Tracker as part of the race day experience, however, we do encourage you to download the following app to your phone should you want to track all the athletes listed below.

IRONMAN Track (iPhone) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ironman-track/id1183983404?mt=8

Or go to the IM Live page and find the race and track via the web, that can be done here: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/coverage/live.aspx

Athletes Racing

Yvette Metz

David Holmes

Paul Reynolds

Daniel Ballin

Darren Freeman

Rob Poma

Perlus Puno

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Have a great day!!

• Options

Sending alligator free mojo from Detroit to Haines City!!! Go EN!!!

• Options

Brenda - what am I chopped liver? I never was able to link up with the IMFL Group Me crowd. I selected it on my phone app and it just wouldn't take. But what a day! I was severely undertrained for many reasons and struggled in to a 13:24 finish in the torrential downpour that hit a little before 8pm. This was a much tougher course than the Panama City Beach venue and we got hot and humid weather too - at least until the rivers of rain started coming down. You could have taken a skim board down the 'floating' red carpet to the finish. You have to see finish line video to really grasp how much rain there was ... people splashing in shin deep puddles! Next year the race goes back to Panama City Beach but at least I can say I've done the one and only IMFL - Haines City!

• Options

@Paul Hough sorry I missed your name. Did you submit a TSR? I only know that people are racing is they submit a TSR.

• Options

What is a TSR? Sounds like some sort of new T----- Season Roadmap? No. I simply came onto the forum several times saying I was doing it ... sort of how it used to work. The technology - surge, group me, etc., is rapidly leaving me behind.

• Options

@Paul Hough yes that is correct. A TSR is a triathlon season road map. We ask that all our athletes submit a TSR even if they do not require a season rode map from Coach Patrick, because that is the only way that I know someone is racing. I have to check 5 places to try to organize a list of who is racing, so its very complicated. In turn, this means that sometimes people are missed.

Again, I am sorry I missed you on the list.

As for the GroupMe. In the future, if you are having issues with getting onto group me please reach out. We realized that technology is not everyone's strength, but as an online community we are trying to implement tools that make the it easier, not harder for our members, so please reach out in the future.

• Options

Thanks Brenda. I thought the roadmaps had gone into hibernation after Coach Rich left. I just completed one.