Homeβ€Ί Racing Forum 🏎
Options

Waco 70.3

I don't know if this is the correct spot for the race report so I'll make it quick... want to go swim a little today!

So... needed a third race for the season. Picked something close by & on my schedule. Waco...

difficult to train due to work and exams but just came off of Worlds so kept it light.

went to Waco after rain storms. We were on a boil water alert here in Austin... our lake looked like chocolate milk so the lake in Waco would be the same... I was (not) disappointed... chocolate milk with tree branches and 30,000 cfs rate... oh well, the swim wasn't going to happen :( ... time trial start.

I knew I better save it for the run as I wouldn't have the luxury of finding a rabbit and didn't want to be one (low number)...

the ride was fast and I stayed in zone 2 and low zone 3... flat on the wattage and got to work the rollers... it was FUN!!! then the run, hills galore! my pace was off and I never use heart rate 'cause it freaks me out (I run about 182 max in the heat so who wants to see that!) so I went with perceived effort and enjoyed the runs down the hills... remembering that my closest competitor is a runner and I am a biker! so don't dilly dally at the water stops! My final time was 5:16 with an under 3 hour bike and a 2:16 run... time trial races definitely push you...

Woohoo! 20 minutes ahead of 2nd place!

Beautiful venue! and the Starbuck was open in Waco, unlike our situation here in Austin... got 'er done! Now what do you want me to do with the 1st division EN plaque! (@Brenda Ross ) Rock It!!!!! :) love you guys!

Tagged:

Comments