Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

John Wolfe 2019 Official Coach Thread

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply. 

Coach Notes

I have loaded the Run Durability Program (RDP) phases 2 and 3 into your Final Surge account. I'd like you to connect your Garmin or Strava account so we can track your workouts: https://www.finalsurge.com/GarminConnectSync This way I can see where your bike WKOs are falling and can help you modify things. Ideally we get you to 4 to 5 runs a week...we can maintain your bike without 5 bike WKOs at this point!

Your Races

• Ironman Wisconsin 2019 (2018-09-08) #IMWI_19 

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 11/08/2018
  • On 11/5/2018 Load the -- Run Durability for Triathletes 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/2/2018
  • On 12/3/2018 Load the -- Run Durability for Triathletes 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/30/2018
  • << Transition Week>>
  • On 1/7/2019 Load the OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 4/14/2019
  • On 4/15/2019 Load the Swim Camp to end on 4/28/2019
  • On 4/29/2019 Load the Bike Focus Block, 6 Weeks to end on 6/9/2019
  • On 6/10/2019 Load the -- EN*Full Bike Focused to end on 9/8/2019
  • On 9/9/2019 Load the -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 10/6/2019
  • On 10/7/2019 Load the -- Run Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/3/2019

Your Notes

I completed IM Wisconsin 70.3 in June of 2018 - finished 5:08. Minor but bothersome calf strain prevented me from racing another 70.3 in August. I am signed up for IMWI in Sept 2019. Current fitness is otherwise quite good, I think. I'm simply working on bike fitness these days. Planning to start the run durability in November but want to keep on pushing the bike fitness as it's always been my limiter. Riding 4-5 days/week on the trainer, about 1.25 to 2 hours per session. Running is only around 15 miles/week. No swimming until end of Outseason next year. 

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options

Very good! I’m having trouble getting the plans loaded into FS but I submitted a ticket to them.

i appreciate your recommendations.

John

• Options

@John Wolfe Just checking in to see if you’ve managed to resolve the training plan problem. I’m standing by to help if you need it. They are usually pretty quick about that stuff.

• Options

Thanks for checking in - yep, they "lost" my membership so I didn't have access to the plans. All is good now!

John