Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Shelly-Ann Sinclair 2019 Official Coach Thread

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply. 

Coach Notes

So great to have you in for IMMD!!! Super exciting. I have laid out your plans below, but know that you MIGHT have already started the OS...if so, let me know and I'll adjust. I prefer that you do Run Durability Program right now so that we can get some basic momentum from workout frequency, which is the key to developing the DISCIPLINE you need to continue your progress.

In addition to IMMD you can let me know about any other races as well as any CENTURY rides which I totally recommend as well. Remember, you can add any Final Surge Strength workout ON TOP OF your current plan in Final Surge. If you need to delete or move weeks on Final Surge because  of my guidance, here's how: https://www.endurancenation.us/help/loading-specific-plan-weeks-into-your-final-surge-calendar/

PS best place to get Zwift help is in the Zwift GroupMe group: GroupMe EN Zwift Chat they'll help you right away!!!

Your Races

• Ironman Maryland 9/29/2019

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 11/15/2018
  • On 11/12/2018 Load the -- Run Durability for Triathletes 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/9/2018
  • On 12/10/2018 Load the -- Run Durability for Triathletes 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 1/6/2019
  • On 1/7/2019 Load the OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 4/14/2019
  • On 4/15/2019 Load the Swim Camp to end on 4/28/2019
  • On 4/29/2019 Load the Get Faster Training Plan, 10wks to end on 6/30/2019
  • On 7/1/2019 Load the -- EN*Full Bike Fccused to end on 9/29/2019
  • On 9/30/2019 Load the -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 10/27/2019
  • On 10/28/2019 Load the -- Run Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/24/2019

Your Notes

Hi Coach P! I know I sent you a message through the chat feature a few weeks ago about my 2018 Lake Placid fitness, current fitness and goals for 2019 race plan. I mentioned White Lake 4/27 to 4/28 in North Carolina (Half, Oly or Sprint), Monticelloman in Charlottesville, VA 5/5 (Half, Oly, or Sprint). I didn't want to do a full because I a so out of shape. But now I am wondering if I should do one. Like IM Maryland (I really for some reason don't like it, but now I am like maybe I should). It's close to me here in Arlington, VA.My current fitness level is basic. I have not really been on the bike. Had a few struggles last week to set up Zwift. Bought the wahoo hr monitor, but realized I can't download the EN workouts on my iPhone. I need to do all of this on a laptop, which I don't have. I have an iPhone and a Samsung tablet. But there is no Zwift for Android, so I am back to TrainerRoad, which works perfect. Other than I have the Kickr Snap, Stages Power working together to bring my pedal stroke to a halt. So I have not been on my bike. Went to the forums for help. Not much help.

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options

Thanks Coach P. Appreciate this feedback.

I loaded the bike focus OS program because I am not strong on the bike. But I am also not strong on the run. I do have an existing knee injury - overuse that occurred while training for my first 50 miler last year. I got up one day and ran a 50k and then started to train a little ( a few longer runs) before my second 50k. And then decided I wanted to do a 50 miler and gave myself about 2 months to train. That caused havoc on my knees.

I did go to PT for my knee this year. But I stopped going and stopped doing all the exercises I was told to do. It hurts when I run, but I trust your expertise here and will switch to RDP and start the bike focus in January 2019.

Happy Friday!!

• Options

OMG. That is some serious stress on your knees! The focus around run durability is consistency and not volume so don’t feel like we are sitting out with a distance goal in mind.

That said, we absolutely want you to get back on that routine of knee strength. There’s plenty of time to do it now and it’s a great investment to make at least between now and the new year. Is that something you can do on your own at home?