Homeβ€Ί General Training Discussions
Options

Zwift Riding: What Do You Listen To/Watch/Do During OS Workouts?

Hi Folks:

Putting together a game plan for JOS. Looking for ideas on how to keep entertained while hitting the OS workouts if I am solo riding in Zwift?

What do you all do? Podcasts? Netflix?

GO!

Thanks,

Stark

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

I use Rouvy because of the real life video courses around the world that are engaging. However, if I want to watch a movie or catch up on emails, I will run a Rouvy workout in the backgound or set Rouvy to 'free ride' where I am setting the effort or duration.

• Options

For Z4 and Z5 efforts I listen to up-beat music. Z3 and below efforts, I watch Netflix.

• Options

I agree with @Derrek Sanks , for long spells on the trainer at low suffertude I binge some Netflix shows, but I find that during races or high intensity efforts, I can't focus on movies or shows and use heavy metal music (very upbeat). With discord being more and more popular (esp on the EN rides and even the Dutch Diesel T/Th rides I do), the constant chatting and banter replaces the music / shows for me.

• Options

while I've always been a fan of what show i am watching, some the dialogue is too quiet to really hear what's going on. I've actually now explored more of youtube on my smart tv... can always find lots of good content on ultras, or cycling, or tri as well as awesome backcountry skiing videos

• Options

John if you like reading but seem to never have time to do so, try it while riding. I read off an iPad mini so I just swip or tap to turn pages, it sits on an upright stand. Right now I can hang in Z3 while reading and I stay pretty steady. This has been very enjoyable and encouraging the past few weeks.

• Options
    edited December 26, 2018 5:11PM

@Paul Hough - Took a look at Rouvy. The AR riding looks like fun. Gonna play with it for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the recommendation.

@Derrek Sanks - Thanks. What I was planning though I can't watch a movie while spinning. Drives me nuts. Time to create some Spotify playlists for those hard days.

@Jeff Horn - The EN rides are mainly east coast times, from what I can tell. No way I am riding at 5 am PST. Just no way. :-). Maybe I can get some JOS folks to ride at a more reasonable hour. :-). Thanks.

@scott dinhofer - Starting to line up some YouTube shows. Good thought. Thanks for the idea.

@Josh Church - Not sure about reading. But maybe an audio book? Will have to try that out.

Thanks, all.

• Options

Its not exactly a pre-mapped workout, but you can sub in zwift races for many of the ftp workouts. I would then β€œwatch” the race and listen to Spotify.

• Options

If it's an intensity ride I listen to loud Rock n Roll or EDM ... Electronic Dance Music, like Tiesto the DJ from Europe.

Lower intensity I'll watch YouTube or Amazon Prime movies.