Homeโ€บ Races & Places ๐Ÿโ›บ
Options

Ironman Cork!?!

I saw on the Ironman Cork website that there are several EN athletes racing this year! My husband and I are racing, and I was just wanting to reach out and start talking training with you guys!!!!๐Ÿคจ Who out there has signed up to race the inaugural Ironman Cork?

(I couldn't find an Ironman Cork thread and didn't EXACTLY know how to start one... so I am hoping I am posting this in the right spot!!)

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    edited January 8, 2019 7:02PM

Hi @Heather Helms - I will be there racing my 15th IM (and 8th one out of the U.S.).

I'll be staying in Cork for five days, then moving on to other cities. Actually, for race day, only my wife will be in Youghal to sherpa while my daughter and mother-in-law take an easy day in Cork. After the race we are off to tour Ireland.

Per the website, the following EN members are racing: Christy Beal; Greg Pollack; Heather Helms; Julie Lopata; Paul Hough; Sam Lawrence; Simon Shurey; and Stephanie Garrett.

Meanwhile, one of our local tri-clubs here in Florida has 43 people entered in IM Ireland so I'm going to know a lot of people there even though I'm not a member of that club.