Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Santa Rosa
Options

2019 IM Santa Rosa KickOff Thread

Welcome to your official 2019 race thread! This will be home for you and your fellow teammates who are competing (and have competed) to train, learn and share with one another.

You’ll find lots of historical information here in this forum, and you can search above or use the main forum page. But it’s just as important to add your information from this year -- your workouts, volume weekends, race plans, highs and lows...it’s all here.

Race Captain - We Need One

Ideally your event has a race captain to lead by sharing their training and generally being a really awesome, supportive person online. If you have one, their name is ^above^ … If not, you can request to become the Race Captain via email here (just remember to tell us the race you want to lead). You’ll get a free month of EN membership and some other cool stuff as our way of saying thanks.

We have a basic schedule to support the Race Captain, you can view it here  and it’s not a ton of work. Even if you don’t have a race captain, you can all use that schedule to make sure You are connecting around the critical parts of your season.

Looking for Your Fellow Racers?

Sometimes the hardest part of getting the community around a race started is finding your fellow racers! You can do that via our Race Database (online here, password is WORKWORKS) where you can search by race name such as “Placid,” etc. Once you have a list of names, you can use the “@” sign to tag them here in this thread (so they are notified) or you can send them a private message via the Forums as well.

GroupMe Chat

If you are looking for your Race GroupMe, you can search our official GroupMe page online here. Can’t find the GroupMe because There isn’t one for your race? You can request we make one for you via email here.

Have Questions or Need Help?

No worries, we’re here to help! You can send us an email right here so we can help you out. Please be sure to reference your race forum and give as much detail as possible.

~ Brenda

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Its going to be...."interesting" No running post HIM Indian Wells in early DEC'18 till this week....only have run a 4 and a 5.3 mile in last week....rough.    Bike longest has been 4 hrs total....done yesterday....   But I've gotten some good swimming in     ;)    [Any chance of going from: suffering through a 10:00/milex4 to a BQ IM run in ~9 weeks of training?? ;)  ]

Not planning on a sub 10:30 now....11:30 would be nice...well... a +finish+ will be Kool actually....

Last IMSR was ~12:30ish (same year did IMAZ @1139 w/pain limited run '17)

This will be first IM while not away on Army MOB so finding time with 12-14hr work days and Family will be X-Tra special Too.  We'll see what I can squeeze in in the coming weeks. 

Working with a good PT (works with several Pro triathletes etc) On my Achilles issues - cant say the PRP/forced rest has done much at this point...... Getting orthotics ...  Seeing a Pulmonologist about my Exercised Induced bronchospasms *NOT Kool BTW*   etc....  

And still ~15lbs above race wt#.......

But this will be fun!  

• Options

...Crickets....

<8weeks.... No one else going? No race Captain?

• Options

@davidhoward

I'll be there but not racing. I'm working the penalty tent. No visiting the Sin Bin!

• Options

@Nam Lam are you racing? I know the area well and can give you some feedback about the course.

• Options

Thanks for including me @Sheila Leard .

Hi @davidhoward,

I am planning to race IMSR 2019. Been riding steady since January. Will ramp up the run with Boston Marathon and add the swim soon. Hope you are on track with your training.

Nam

• Options

@davidhoward @Nam Lam When are you heading to Santa Rosa. What kit are you wearing? I'll look for you.

• Options

@Sheila Leard    I'm IM Tri suit Kit of course ;) 

• Options

Do we have an "Official List"?     My phone/computer has problems with forum access BTW so minimal contact here will be at Marriott Santa Rosa Arrival THRS late....Off to Napa after.   dave_rn@hotmail works as contact.  also Strava ;) 

• Options

Hi @Sheila Leard ,

I’ll be arriving around 2-3 pm on Thursday. Looking forward to meeting you. Also EN Kit. I’ll have someone to talk to if I end up in the penalty box, Sheila😂

@Davidhoward, I looked at the team database and saw around 4-5 ENers racing IMSR. I’m not sure if all those below will race though.

Nam Lam

David Howard

Mark Bidwell

David Barton

Jason Brandt

• Options

Likely try and go to Russian River Brewery Post race...If still walking 

• Options

A bunch of peeps from my local tri club, Dallas Tri Club, will be out there competing. I'll be stalking all of you this weekend! Go GET EM!

• Options

Everyone Nam Lam ID'd as entered above does show up in the tracker. Good skill everyone tomorrow!

• Options

Thanks @Scott Liston .

Good luck and great skills tomorrow everyone 👍💪🏼🦄

• Options
    edited May 13, 2019 1:39PM

Congrats to all that raced this weekend. Please upload your pictures here: https://teamen.smugmug.com/upload/pSrwd5/2019IMSantaRosa

and view the ones that have already been loaded by your teammates here: https://teamen.smugmug.com/Races/2019-Ironman-Races/2019-Ironman-Santa-Rosa

The triclub results should be up tomorrow, so I will post those results in the Race Forum.