Homeβ€Ί General Training Discussions

JOS 2019 Run Thread - Week 11 - The Last Lap

We are now entering into the final lap of our OS and this is where the real training happens. Now 11 weeks in we have battered ourselves with hills, added in some threshold work, increased our run durability at TRP, and lengthened our long runs. Now we are going to start mixing it together and getting ourselves ready for our tris later in the year.

Key Run Points to Consider for Week 11:

• Run frequency is back to 5, 6 or 7 runs per week based on which level your doing
  • Wednesday runs are now more of a medium long run at TRP
  • Bike Focus - Long run are now a mix of TRP, z2, and z3 work
  • Run Focus - Long run switches to z2 then z3, then TRP
  • Long runs - for you faster folks look to pick harder courses on these longer runs if your mileage will go above 13 miles

Note: if your racing in 8 weeks or less you should start adding swim workouts.

Don't forget to look for a good 1/2 marathon to test out your fitness in April.

Comments

• Two 35' sessions in this week for me. Getting back to come run consistency but need to post more often to share the mojo.

• Medium long run done, felt pretty good on the run and ending up doing a mainly z2 work with some z3 tossed in at the end. Probably will do some similar work this weekend on the long run with a bit more z3 then on the BF plan, aka more of what the RF plan calls for 30 @ z2, 2x20 @ z3, the rest at TRP. That way I can dial in my body to the z3 HMP a bit more prior to my race on 4/6.