Home Racing Forum 🏎
Options

Tom’s Ironman Texas 2019 Race Report - KQ!!

21st Ironman start / 19th IM finish / 9th time for IM Texas / 4th KQ / First IM was in 2005

Venue Stats:

Total Registered Athletes: 3132 / DNS: 746 / DNF Swim: 14 / DNF Bike: 147 / DNF Run: 125 / DNF (Over Time Limit): 7 / DQ: 14

Race Stats:

Swim: 1:13 - 23rd AG (Fastest IMTX swim ever)

T1: 6:05 - Moved to 17th AG

Bike: 5:19 - Moved to 6th AG

T2: 4:57 - 6th AG

Run 3:51 - Moved to 3rd AG. (Fastest marathon time in AG)

Total 10:34 3rd AG / 158 Overall

More details for those with nothing to do for a while!:

Tom

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@Tom Glynn We come to expect the bike/run combo out of Tom Glynn, so congrats across the board but specially for that swim, looking at your TP data shows you earned it, in fact anyone looking to KQ oughta be looking at all the work you did and that focus on your swim limiter. #5 Jeff Wisot will probably analyze his data for months to come wondering all the places he coulda found 65 seconds. To be fair he did the work as well but wasn’t 100% on his run due to recovering injury, but on that day 5th was it for him. I figured you guys would be really close! Always enjoy watching you race, thanks for the report, enjoy KONA again!

• Options

congrats on the KQ and the great training effort to get you there!

cannot believe another crazy 50-54 story. Similar thing happened at MT a couple of years ago. totally amazed how I am never there when these things happen!

• Options

@Tom Glynn great race report. Congrats again on the KQ!!

• Options

Congratulations Tom! Enjoy your trip back to the Big Island!

• Options

Way to crush it! A PR swim, 5th AG bike and 1st AG run = a well executed race! Congratulations on the KQ!

• Options

@tim cronk You nailed the 5th place guy’s reaction to missing a Kona slot by a minute! The 5 of us that made it to the podium in our AG had 10-15 minutes to chat. All super nice guys. Jeff rolled through his race day analysis comparing himself the the 4th place guy. They were within a minute or so on each section of the race. Jeff asked nicely if any of us would let our slots roll. We all politely declined :). He then, in good humor starting throwing out compliments, especially to the winner letting him know he was so awesome that he could easily qualify again, so just the slot roll for now. I asked Jeff why he didn’t just go qualify somewhere else and he stated that his wife would kill him. We had a good laugh. The should have / could have thoughts in a close race will eat you alive!

• Options

@Tom Glynn interesting... I guess if this was #5's one shot to qualify, he needed to try everything in the book.

Great job and congrats on getting to Kona!

• Options

@Tom Glynn

Sincere congratulations. So fun to watch you go to work..........!

• Options

Congratulations @Tom Glynn - you make it look easy. Great run. Enjoy it!!

• Options

you are like a swimmer now. :)

have fun back at the show.

• Options

@robin sarner Not sure if I'm a swimmer but I'm much improved! 20 years in the making. I saw this in my FB feed this morning and it pretty much sums it up :)

• Options

Congratulations and thank you sharing your training information!

• Options

Great report @Tom Glynn . Congrats again on a well deserved KQ! It was as great hanging out with you during the weekend and special thanks again to your family for helping out with some logistics. You have trained your family well 😁.

• Options

Congratulations on the KQ and great race @Tom Glynn !!